Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Phone Agent State 'Not Ready' after CSQ Timeout

I've read and understand the rationale for setting a phone agent status to 'Not Ready' after the CSQ timeout (no agent answer the incoming call) as configured in the ICD CRA script. Agents will need to relogin or set the state to 'Ready' either by using Desktop Agent or 'One Button' phone agent serviced configured on the phones. I've also read the online docu and set a value within a text file configuration for the ICD subsystem to default the agent state to 'Ready' in any situation once logged in. It worked well as all phones are in 'Ready' state after answering and completing a call or not answering the call at all.

However, here's the problem: If no agent is ard to pick the call, the call will be routed to each phone in the order defined in the ICD CSQ resource group and it will go over and over again until someone picks up the phone or the caller hangs up. Since the phones no longer can be in a 'NOT READY' state, the 'select resource' trigger (in CRA script) will continue routing the call to 'available' phones and not going into the 'QUEUE' portion of the script where caller will be notified of 'BUSY' agents. Neither is the call 'Failed'. It just go on and on. Is there a way to interrupt the 'Select Resource' process so that I can add a counter and a prompt after each CSQ Timeout to advise caller that the agents are busy and after a number of timeout send the call to a voice mail or something. I've tried the reactive debug script to trace the process of the sequence of events in the script but it just hover ard 'Select Resource'. Also our company policy would prefer agent phones to be 'Ready' at all times so no agent will need to relogin to reset the phone status everytime we miss picking a call and CSQ timeout. Thank you very much for reading this

Oh yeah, I'm using IPCCX 3.5(2) SR1.

Alvin

3 REPLIES

Re: Phone Agent State 'Not Ready' after CSQ Timeout

Try Bug - CSCed30551

Blue

Please see the attached .aef script. It will accomplish what you want. After 3 RONA's it will send the call to voicemail.

please rate helpful posts.

andy dignan -

Hello Alvin,

" I've also read the online docu and set a value within a text file configuration for the ICD subsystem to default the agent state to 'Ready' in any situation once logged in."

My client was asking and I told them and I didn't know how to yet. Can you tell me how you did the ready state once you log in. Also the link to the document to that information.

Thanks,

Yoon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content