Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Place Call and continue with remaining script steps - is it possible?

We recently picked up IPCelerate which has the ability to send a Text display or Text-to-Speech message to a group of phones simply by dialing a configured directory number.  We would like to text our call center agents with this application when a caller has been waiting for X number of loops.

Attempting to use 'Place Call' to initiate this text page works, however, the script terminates immediately after the call is placed and we would like to continue on with the remainder of our script.  In this case, on Success go back to the top of the loop.   

I have also tried to use Call Subflow instead, thinking an executed sub-routine placing the call would return to the original script and continue on, but it didn't.  In both cases, the system comes back and states " I'm sorry, we're currently experiencing system problems and are unable to process your call.  Please try again later."

If there's a way to get this to work via Place Call or another process to accomplish the same result, that would be fantastic.  I appreciate any feedback.

We're using UCCx Express 5.0 (2.064) with premium type licensing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Place Call and continue with remaining script steps - is it

Just a stab here. Methinks you are running into the following sit (you have multiple contacts here, your triggering contact and your created contact with Place Call:

The following paragraphs describe in more detail the external events that can cause interruptions and the default processing associated with them:

• A contact is remotely terminated.

When a caller hangs up, the script will be interrupted (if possible) and a ContactInactiveException will be generated. This exception can then be caught with the OnExceptionGoto step of the General palette and properly handled.

If a caller hangs up and you have not provided any exception handling logic, the script immediately aborts.

When managing multiple contacts, the OnExceptionGoto step cannot differentiate which contact was remotely terminated. Instead, it must specify a Label to which it can loop through all known contact variables and use the Get Contact Info step of the General palette to search for an Active flag; or save the exception into a variable and use the Execute Java Method step of the JAVA palette and the getContact() method to extract the Contact object that became inactive.

10 REPLIES

Hi,

Have you run a reactive debug to see which branch of the Place Call step your workflow is hitting? Perhaps it's Unsuccessful, in that case what is the workflow from there?

Thanks for the reply! 

Yes, it stops immediately on success for the Place Call itself.  A pop-up dialog comes up indicating the 'Contact' terminated remotely, perhaps I'm using the Call Contact field incorrecly?  I have setup a variable for it with the value is set to Null, not sure if there's something different I should do. 

Just a stab here. Methinks you are running into the following sit (you have multiple contacts here, your triggering contact and your created contact with Place Call:

The following paragraphs describe in more detail the external events that can cause interruptions and the default processing associated with them:

• A contact is remotely terminated.

When a caller hangs up, the script will be interrupted (if possible) and a ContactInactiveException will be generated. This exception can then be caught with the OnExceptionGoto step of the General palette and properly handled.

If a caller hangs up and you have not provided any exception handling logic, the script immediately aborts.

When managing multiple contacts, the OnExceptionGoto step cannot differentiate which contact was remotely terminated. Instead, it must specify a Label to which it can loop through all known contact variables and use the Get Contact Info step of the General palette to search for an Active flag; or save the exception into a variable and use the Execute Java Method step of the JAVA palette and the getContact() method to extract the Contact object that became inactive.

Googi1974,

Nice stab!  Can you tell me where you pulled this description from?

Sure,

I searched on Script Interruption in the CRS Step Editor Help.

-Kelly

This appeared to work, but when I changed my action based on a different counter value it failed out.  I have a case open with TAC because I think it's not handling the exception the way it should.  They had me send them the actual script I was using, but even with a much simpler script I'm not getting by the exception error.  If you have any ideas while I'm waiting on them, I'm all ears.

thanks,

Hi Mark,

Don't know if you still remember this one...

I'm running into the exact same problem. In my script, I've created a place call which calls another jtapi trigger.

This places a call towards the application (hold, delay and unhold). This place call works. However, I also have the problem that 'contact terminated remotely'.

Any idea what the solution was? Any chance in sending me the script you got?

Thanks in advance!!

BR,

Lieven

lieven.everaerts@gmail.com

I am seeing this same issue.

Simple Script:

Accept

Get Contact Info

Delay 2 secs

QueueLoop

Place Call

Hold

Delay 30 secs

Unhold

Goto QueueLoop

I receive the same error and reactive debugging shows the call being borked at the "Successful".  I have tested this with a live phone, and this occurs as soon as the called party hangs up.

I would love to know any suggestions towards resolution.

Hey, I just posted, had a thought and resolved this!

In the successfull branch of the Place Call Step, insert a Terminate step and point this to your callContact (not your Triggering Contact)

I have attached my example here.

I hope this helps!

Hello,

I did get to an answer similar to what r.stockton did to solve the issue, but I left Exception (ContactInactiveException) Goto

We had some help from TAC on this, but below is what we did to keep some error checking and notification we use available to us.  We are running a check to make sure the Call Trigger (original call) is still active.

placecallContact = Place Call (to Number)

on Exception (ContactInactiveException) Goto

label:

CallActive = Get Contact Info (--Trigering Contact--, Active)

If (CallActive) Then

- True branch continues with script

- False Branch terminates call

If this takes the false branch, it means the trigger contact is not active, and has abandoned the call or been transferred elsewhere.  Placed an End step here to prevent any loops.

If this takes the true branch, it means the triggering contact is actually still active. In our scenario, CallActive (boolean variable) is verified true and continues with the script without going into the loop of death.

I hope this helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies