Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Place call module

Hi, i am using place call to call external number. I tested calling both internal number and external number but both type of call get drop once i answer the call. I am suspecting some error in my configuring of the place call module.

For testing now, I just want to place a call out to some outside number. I need to clarify some points.

1. call Control Group ID. What does it mean by Variable that stores the identifying number of the call group with which the outbound call is associated. Can I just use any integer for this?

2. Dialog Group. is it the same as Call Control Group ID?

3. Call Contact. Is just using a null value for Call contact sufficient?

Is there any particular things that I need to check in my call manager?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Place call module

Hello

HTH stands for Hope This Helps.

Anyway,

what is a caller phone? The place call is always intiated by the system and not by any phone. In that case you need to user redirect.

The place a call module s generally used for calling voice mails and leaving messages or calling some one to hear a pre recorded message.

If you are hearing system problem prompts debug the script. I am sure the script is in small error somewhere

7 REPLIES
Community Member

Hi there

1. For this you need to use "Unified CM Telephony Call control group ID". Dialog group can 0 1 2 and on (depends on how many simultaneous calls are allowed to place a call)

Basically this can represent the number being sent on the placed call.

3. Call contact - should be a contact variable with null value.

HTH

Regards

Community Member

Where can I find the value for unified CM Telephony Call control group ID? I tried using 2 or 3 for the Call control Group ID and all calls are not possible. Its just get disconnected after I enter the number that I wanna dial.

Community Member

If I use 1 as the integer value for Call Control Group ID. The destination phone will ring but will disconnect when answered. Thanks.

Community Member

find call control group ID under

Subsytems>>Unified CM Telephony

it generally starts with 0

Call cotrol group ID generally creates the CTI ports. If they are not there please create them first. so that CRS will be able to utilise the CM resources.

While creating check the CSS and partitions and your call should go through

HTH

Community Member

Thank you HTH,

the CTI ports are already there. There are 2 group id. I have chosen id 1 for the call control group 1 to be use in the script. I created 2 dialog id and i have tried 0, 1 or 1, 2 and now when the answer the phone when it rings it goes to play the prompt "System is experiencing problem ... " while the caller phone is already disconnected. I had tried with another script using call redirected, and is working fine. So partition and CSS should not be the problem. Thanks.

Community Member

Hello

HTH stands for Hope This Helps.

Anyway,

what is a caller phone? The place call is always intiated by the system and not by any phone. In that case you need to user redirect.

The place a call module s generally used for calling voice mails and leaving messages or calling some one to hear a pre recorded message.

If you are hearing system problem prompts debug the script. I am sure the script is in small error somewhere

Community Member

oic, thanks foryour explanation and help... i got a little confuse when the helpfile say that place is use for outbound call. Since I am trying to make a external call after dialling into the system.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content