Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Play a prompt to a MeetMe conference

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to develop a "frontend" for meetme conferences. The caller can insert the meetme number, a configured password, and record his name. This should be played to the conference to announce the new user.

Everything is working OK except  playing the prompt to the meetme conference. It works when calling an IP phone instead of the meetme conference, so I supposed the "Place Call" step is well configured.

Do you know what could be the problem, or if there's some limitation about that? (So people should buy a Meeting Place )

I'm using UCCX 8.5 with CUCM 8.6, and this is the script:

sshot-314.png

Thanks!!!!

• Contact Center
20 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What do you see when you do reactive debug? Have you tried longer delay?

Chris

Hi Chris:

Reactive debug shows that the "Place Call" step tries to connect (it sounds one beep in the meetme conference) but it fails (after 3 seconds it sounds 2 beeps meaning the participant has disconnected). It doesn't go inside Succesful or any other branch. After these 3 seconds it goes directly to the next step, "Call Redirect".

Thanks for your help!

Carlos F.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Is the meetMe DN in the same PT as the other phone DN you tried in your script?

What codec are you using for the UCCX deployment and for your conference bridge? Are the cti ports in the same region via DP as the conference bridge, if not are they configured to use the same codec?  What type of conference bridge are you using, software or hardware?

Chris

Hi Chris:

Is the meetMe DN in the same PT as the other phone DN you tried in your script?

Yes

What codec are you using for the UCCX deployment and for your conference bridge?

We are using only G.711, because we don't have DSPs

Are the cti ports in the same region via DP as the conference bridge, if not are they configured to use the same codec?

Same DP for both

What type of conference bridge are you using, software or hardware?

Software at the CUCM servers (IP Voice Media Streaming Application)

Thanks!!

Carlos F.

Silver

Re: Play a prompt to a MeetMe conference

I had an issue that would not play prompts on a place call step. In my case this was playing to a phone.

My problem was that the "Default IVR Language Configuration" was wrong in System/Languages 

I am in the UK and it was set to [en] instead of [en_GB]

What was strange was all the inbound scripts were picking up prompts from [en_GB] it was only the play prompt on the contact from the place call step that was looking in the [en] prompt directory.

Just another point to watch out for. The first call into a meetme has to come from a Cisco phone, go off hook, select the meetme softkey and dial the meetme number. The second call onwards can just dial the number. So your script will fail if this is the first call into the meetme conference.

Graham

Hi Graham, thanks for your answer:

I've checked the language configured, and it's [es_ES]

About the first call to a meetme number, when the script tries to place the call the meetme conference has been already created from a Cisco IP phone (meetme softkey).

Thanks again!

Carlos F.

I am attempting to do the same thing with MeetMe and UCCX.  I am having the same problem calling into the MeetMe bridge that is already activated.  I get 1 beep when the call is placed, and a few seconds later the 2 beeps when the call drops out of meetme.  I then redirect the caller to the meetme bridge and it works fine.

Seems like a RTP/Codec issue to me as well.

Did you find a resolution to yours?

Thanks,

Brian Corbet

Hi Brian:

Thanks for sharing your own experience. I haven't found a solution for this, so I'm not presenting the caller name to the conference. With this, a nice (and cheap) conference service could be implemented. Hope to find a solution...

Regards!

Carlos F.

Silver

Re: Play a prompt to a MeetMe conference

I ran a test on my lab system and it works as expected.

This is on UCM 8.6.1.20000-1 and CCX 8.5(1) SU3

I have posted my test script and prompts below.

This is what you need to do to install it.

Create a prompt directory: MeetMe

Load the prompts, MeetMe.zip in to the directory MeetMe

Create an application using the MeetMe.aef

Set the PortGroup to your “Call Control Group” “Group ID” if it’s not zero

Set the MeetMe to the Directory Number of the Meet Me

Add your trigger

This will wait for the first local person to start the Meet Me conference

If this fails then you have a setup problem.

Please rate helpful posts.

Graham

Views
Helpful
Replies