Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing Annoucement to called party before conference call starts

Hi,

I have an interesting requirement here.

My customer wants to play annoucement to the participants of adhoc and meet me conference before bridging them in call. The announcement would be something like this "This call will be recorded, press 1 if you want to join the conference press 0 to hang up". If caller presses '1' then the he should be bridged.

Is it possible to use IVR server for this??

For the adhoc conference this is what I thought:

The conference initiator calls an a number to initiate IVR Script, the script asks him to enter the number to be called(conference participant's number), then the IVR script places call on this number(use "place call function"), once the recipient answers the call, IVR will announce the prompt to him "This call will be recorded, press 1 if you want to join the conference press 0 to hang up".

Questions:

1.Now how to merge this call with the conference initiator call(as conference call) if recipient presses 1??

2.What treatment can be given to the conference call initiator, for the suration when IVR is placing call out? Can we give him some hold music??

2.Is there any better way? Can I use "Call Consult Transfer" function instead of place "call function"??

3.Will it be easier/possible to use Unity instead of IVR server for this?

4.How can the same be done for meetme conference??

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content