Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ports again? Rejection Rate

So still working to assess the damage of moving from 150 iVR ports to 50 as a result of upgrading the client from enhanced to premium!   So we have 25 seats and 50 IVR ports.   If you have 30 logged in agents how many ports are availalbe to recieve inbound calls?  Are the logged in agents using ports while awaiting calls? Leaving 20 simultaneous call paths?     In historical reports what does "rejected" call mean?   As traffic increases on the system, the regjected count increases as does abandoned.   I suspect that 50 ports, fully a 2/3 reduction in simultaneous call paths has had a negative impact on the system and I am trying to quantify that fact.  Duh....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ports again? Rejection Rate

Howdy Merkin,

Give this a shot .. If I understand correctly (and I could be wrong wrong wrong) you're interested in knowing if you're exceeding capacity.

The system does include something akin to a real-time port status report.

Once the page loads click on Report --> Contacts Summary

AFAIK the Cisco JTAPI Active Call counter is about the only way you can somewhat easily determine your port useage.

Also, you mention the calls are rejected, however you do not mention the reason why. It would be helpful to know if you see things like Reject: Trigger Failed, Reject: Setup Failed, Reject: Setup Timeout,  things like that.

Keith

5 REPLIES

Hieronymous Merkin wrote:

So still working to assess the damage of moving from 150 iVR ports to 50 as a result of upgrading the client from enhanced to premium!   So we have 25 seats and 50 IVR ports.   If you have 30 logged in agents how many ports are availalbe to recieve inbound calls?  Are the logged in agents using ports while awaiting calls? Leaving 20 simultaneous call paths?     In historical reports what does "rejected" call mean?   As traffic increases on the system, the regjected count increases as does abandoned.   I suspect that 50 ports, fully a 2/3 reduction in simultaneous call paths has had a negative impact on the system and I am trying to quantify that fact.  Duh....

Agents do not consume ports, for as many ports as you have licensed you may have calls in the system; so for your 50 ports you may have up to 50 callers call in to your call center and receive IVR treatement. Bare in mind that when a caller is connected to the agent successfully, they are no longer consuming an IVR port.

Abanonded calls are callers who have through one action or another, disconnected before either speaking to an agent, or having disconnected before having been treated by the IVR script (by marking the contact as Handled). If you are seeing many abanons you need to evaluate your call flows, call treatement and agent performance.

Likewise with Rejected it is possible (although less likely) that this is being trigged as a result of a script (via the Reject Step). Given your redunction in ports it is also possible however unlikely that the UCCX routing component is trying to route callers to CTI Ports which are no longer active resulting in a disconnect. It may also be that your call center is constantly at capacity.

It sounds like your system needs a serious evaluation.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

You have 25 seats, you will not get 30 agents logged in. Or am I crazy?

To clarify - This is a new system, on a different platform.  The old system was Enhanced licening with 45 agents and 150 IVR ports configured.   The new system is Premimum and has 25 seats and as a result 50 IVR ports.  So Neal, you are correct we can only log in 25 agents I was just playing with numbers to learn if agents use CTI ports or not.  

At this point, I am sorting out why I have such a high rejection rate.  Not abbandoned, but "Rejected" and now I am seeing a new category "aborted"?   These are from the Historical Reports software.

This might help, I found it on another post.

The Aborted and Rejected Call Detail Report provides detailed information about each call that is aborted or rejected by the system.

A call is aborted if an exception occurs in the workflow that is processing a call. A call is rejected if system resources reach maximum capacity (for example, the maximum number of CTI ports is reached).

----

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Re: Ports again? Rejection Rate

Howdy Merkin,

Give this a shot .. If I understand correctly (and I could be wrong wrong wrong) you're interested in knowing if you're exceeding capacity.

The system does include something akin to a real-time port status report.

Once the page loads click on Report --> Contacts Summary

AFAIK the Cisco JTAPI Active Call counter is about the only way you can somewhat easily determine your port useage.

Also, you mention the calls are rejected, however you do not mention the reason why. It would be helpful to know if you see things like Reject: Trigger Failed, Reject: Setup Failed, Reject: Setup Timeout,  things like that.

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies