Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Possible to make distinction between Agent "not logged in" vs. exists in ICME script?

Hi all,

I have a business requirement to target a specific agent (which I will do via PeripheralAgentID and a QueueToAgent node).

However, if I cannot queue/route the call to the specified agent (i.e. exits the fail path of Q2Agent node) I need to determine if the the PeripheralAgentID in question is simply not logged in (if so, I'll xfr to VM) or if the AgentID supplied does not exist or login not enabled I need to route entirely different.  I've tried quite a few different approaches with the Queue2Agent node and cannot seem to find a way to make this distinction using the data available to me in the script. (be it consider IF expressions or checking status of requery variable).

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

I've thought about turning the ICM on itself with the DB Lookup node querying the awdb to get the details. In theory this should work but unsure if I'll run into support issues doing so or not.

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

-Ryan

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Possible to make distinction between Agent "not logged in" vs. e

Here's the main reason you should do this with an external DB:

PeripheralNumber is not the primary key for the Agent table. DB lookups in ICM are on primary keys. So you need the Agent table (unioned with the Person table for LoginEnabled/Deleted status) exported to another DB to provide something that ICM can reference against your "AgentID" number.

You could potentially host the DB on your AWHDS server with the other DBs, but as David mentioned this would not be supported by Cisco. What kind of call volume do you expect for this scenario?

-Jameson

-Jameson
4 REPLIES

I'm confused, why would the system send a call to an ID which doesn't exist?  Are you asking the caller to enter the extension of the agent?  That would be the only scenario I can think of where this would happen.

Now, how about this method.  I would not query the AW directly, just not best practice and not recommended, however what if you keep an outside DB with a table of all the configured agents?  Heck, you could have a procedure that dumps out of the AW every night and updates this table with all the agents which are configured.  Then you could do a query against this table every time you get an agent id to see if they are valid, then try to queue to them, then send to VM.

david

Hey David,

First off, thanks for the reply. I definintely left out the all-important detail that yes, we'd be asking a very small subset of agents to share their (what we call AgentID) Peripheral ID with the customer for direct connect callback purposes should the customer need to get back in touch again.

I'm a strong proponent of accomplishing this via an external DB, however, I've been asked to explore options to meet the business requirements without doing so. Just to help my case, is there any doc or thread or anything you could point me to that recommends or explicitly mentions not using the awdb with db lookup node?   It definitely feels wrong doing so but I have searched and haven't found anything stating its no good.

thanks for the input!

Here's the main reason you should do this with an external DB:

PeripheralNumber is not the primary key for the Agent table. DB lookups in ICM are on primary keys. So you need the Agent table (unioned with the Person table for LoginEnabled/Deleted status) exported to another DB to provide something that ICM can reference against your "AgentID" number.

You could potentially host the DB on your AWHDS server with the other DBs, but as David mentioned this would not be supported by Cisco. What kind of call volume do you expect for this scenario?

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson, excellent!  I completely agree with you and thank you for the sound reasoning.

Call volume will be sub 500 Queue2Agent calls a day to start, who knows how large it might grow; and while the platform is handling ~150k calls a day and is built out quite nicely, I'm inclined to avoid any support bottlenecks if at all possible.

Thanks,

Ryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content