Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Post call survey subflow script after agent hangs up?

Hi,

I am trying to have the caller, whom is remaining on the line, sent to a post call survey subflow after the agent hangs up. However, the main script terminates upon the agent hanging up so the subflow script is not being called.

I have been doing a lot of searching and scratching my head and I'm leading to believe that the On Exception Goto step may work? Although, it seems that this step is intended if the caller hangs up, not the agent. Or does it matter?

I want the main script to call the subflow script seamlessly without any agent intervention (although this may have to be my last resort). Any insight?

Thank you so very much.

5 REPLIES

Simply stated, what you are trying to do is not possible.  The reason is because when the caller is connected to an Agent, the Contact for that script (--Triggering Contact--) is not active any longer, and therefore you have no control over it.  The caller would have to land on a Trigger a second time, in order for the Contact to become active once more.

Now, let's talk about what options do exist.

You can either:

1. Have the Agent send the caller to the survey trigger via transfer
  2. Have the caller call back in to the survey trigger via verbal instructions during the initial IVR
  3. Have the IVR dial the caller back at a later time to take the survey (could use HTTP triggers or Outbound Campaign)

This is a limitation of UCCX.  UCCE on the other hand maintains call control the entire time, so when the caller disconnects from the Agent, it can route the caller through another routing script if desred.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for confirming this limitation in UCCX. That is unfortunate and makes things more complicated, but it is what it is.

I would then have the Agent send the caller to the survey trigger via a transfer by mapping the fourth button on their Cisco 7945 phones. Then I would need to store the variables for the session and call them from the other script. I just read one of your responses about sessions from last year (https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2134127) and you detail each step to the tooth. I have it all pretty much built and will be testing next week. You are such a great asset to this community and I thank you very much for your grand help!

Sergio.

Re:Post call survey subflow script after agent hangs up?

just a thought.. cant you using desktop admin hide the "end call" button from cad agent and put another button that transfers call to script? this way, when agent releases call through cad, the agent is actually doing a transfer

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi oabulaban,

That is an ingenius idea! I will definitely look into this. Thank you very much! I will follow up once I have this implemented when they go live with the survey soon.

By the way, I got the Session to work so I am passing variables between the scripts without issues.

You are all awesome.

The "end" (ie. drop) button is also the answer button.  So hiding that may not be a good idea.  Rather, in release 8.5 we introduced a feature that allows the CAD application to do a blind transfer in place of the call hang up action. In this way, all calls can be rerouted to the appropriate IVR port when the agent concludes the call by pressing the “Hang‐up” button.

Note - this will ONLY work if the agent consistently usese the button to end the call.  If they use the physical phone, or if the calling party hangs up first, the transfer will not occur.

regards,

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies