Views
Helpful
Replies

Post Install Newbie Question

dhumes0524
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First off, CCM 6.1 with 1 pub n 1 sub, CRS 5.0(2).

Can someone confirm if the following below is correct? After reading around, my setup doesn't sound correct.

If I run C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\postinstall.exe on the CRS server, I am first prompted to "Identify the CAD Directory Services you want to configure", and it asks for a Primary and Secondary IP address. What address should be going in this field? The CCM server or the CRS server? Currently it is set to the CRS server, but from the documentation I look at, it seems like maybe this should be the CCM IP address.

Thanks for the help,

Derek

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

PostInstall is referring to the IP address of the CAD LDAP server (Directory Services). That certainly is not a CUCM component - so the CRS is correct.

Regards,

Geoff

Ok thank you. I am troubleshooting a problem where the reports in Cisco Agent Desktop all show up as N/A in the fields, and the Cisco Supervisor Real Time Display is completely blank. I am noticing other small things, maybe related, maybe not.

Example: In the Cisco Admin Desktop, when I attempt to "Synchronize Directory Services", I receive an error stating at least 1 error has occurred.

You should check the log file / dbg file for Directory Services to see if you can locate the sync error.

Regards,

Geoff

How do I find this log?

Search for files like "DirAccessSynSvr0001.log" and "DirAccessSynSvr0001.dbg" using some wild card instead of 0001.

The .dbg file is (obviously) the debug file - what it writes is controlled through the .ini file. You may need to increase the level.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: