cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Predictive Dialling Scheduled Callbacks

Hi there,

I have a situation where the client does not wish to reserve an agent prior to dialing for a "Scheduled Callback". That is a call that has been requested by the customer to be made at a particular time.

I would like to understand whether there is a capability to predictive dial scheduled call backs, once a connection is made, transfer them to an IVR to confirm whether they are ready to take the call, if so, then transfer them to an available agent.

I look forward to your response.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi, can you please tell us

Hi, can you please tell us the ICM version?

Actually, I never tried this, but there is the "Use Campaign DN" (Campaign > Campaign General) setting underneath Callback Settings. You can assign a DN to a Skill Group, and this is the number that would be dialled if the agent is not available. If you can create a DN -> CallType -> Script mapping that would send the call to the IVR, that would do what you are after. But again, I never tried this.

G.

Hi,take a look at the

Hi,

take a look at the following document:

Outbound Option Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted, Release 8.5(1)

There's appendix F (p. 205) about this feature. It's talking about the Personal_Callback_List table. Actually, this is the database table where all these scheduled callbacks end up. There are two ways of inserting new contacts to here:

1. the "regular" way: Outbound Option contacts customer, customer asks to call back next day at 15:00. Customer's phone number, agent ID etc saved to table.

2. the "SQL" way: we just go and insert a new row into this table. Believe or not, this is actually supported, meaning there's no need for "first contact".

Now, pretend the Personal Callback process (yes, there's a separate process for this, and this is actually discussed in the above referenced document, you can even switch off all campaigns, Personal Callback would still work) takes a look at the table and sees there is a callback due at that specific period of time. The call is placed - but since Personal Callback operates in Preview mode (see p. 64), Predictive or actually any other dialling modes are out. Meaning you still need the agent's interaction.

Now there's a trick: what happens if this preferred agent of ours is not available? The customer is still sort of expecting the call as agreed, right? So the system takes a look at the Campaign setting (Campaign General tab). There you can see three options: abandon the call, reschedule the call the next business day or use an alternate DN. The last option might be interesting: we have the option to route the call to a number - and this is the point where it gets a bit fuzzy as I never tried this - and this number may be anything: if you are lucky, this might even be a DN that would route the call to a script with an IVR menu - and then do what you described above.

Now, there's a question: if this is all Preview and only Preview, should the agent we need to contact first be logged in at all (or, going further, should its account even exists)? Can't we just insert a non-existing agent ID and then it would automatically fall to the "Use the alternate VDN" option?

G.

6 REPLIES

Hi,I assume this is UCCE and

Hi,

I assume this is UCCE and you are using Outbound Option (OO).

If so, I cannot think of a good solution to this. If you use the Personal Callback feature - meaning you enter a specific date and time into the database table, it would call the agent (and the dialling mode is Preview) and if that agent is not available, the system would try to assign the call to an available agent in a specified skill group (or abandon the call, this actually depends on the configuration).

There might be a workaround: you can have a separate application, sitting on top of a database where the callback requests by the customer are stored. The application would then copy the appropriate contacts periodically to ICM, and it would be configured to initiate an IVR campaign.

G.

Community Member

Hi,Thanks for your prompt

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I was referring to the 'scheduled call back' captured either through the IVR or via 'Click to Call'. Where the customer nominates the time.

The work around would work, thanks, I think that this may not be a viable option, given the customer.

The follow on question I have is - Does that mean that the "Scheduled Callback' logic can not be changed ?

Does the Schedule Callback feature have a script that can be modified. ie When it finds a call that is due, instead of reserving the agent, it simply makes the call and on answer, transfer it to the IVR, which can then be transferred to an agent ? That is removing the need to reserve the agent.

Hi, can you please tell us

Hi, can you please tell us the ICM version?

Actually, I never tried this, but there is the "Use Campaign DN" (Campaign > Campaign General) setting underneath Callback Settings. You can assign a DN to a Skill Group, and this is the number that would be dialled if the agent is not available. If you can create a DN -> CallType -> Script mapping that would send the call to the IVR, that would do what you are after. But again, I never tried this.

G.

Community Member

Hi Gergely,We are currently

Hi Gergely,

We are currently on V8.5, but looking to upgrade to v10. So at the moment, we do not have an v10 environment.

Just confirming - I am referring to a 'Scheduled Callback' at a particular time ie 3pm. Currently advice I am getting is that these can only be done by reserving the agent first. The customer, does not want the agent to be reserved and have to wait, they prefer to predictive dial at the time, transfer to the IVR and let the IVR promt them for a DTMF tone to confirm that they are ready to take the call. If confirmed, the call is placed in a priority call queue. That way the agent is not sitting around idle while the dialing is done.

Regards,

Damon

Hi,take a look at the

Hi,

take a look at the following document:

Outbound Option Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted, Release 8.5(1)

There's appendix F (p. 205) about this feature. It's talking about the Personal_Callback_List table. Actually, this is the database table where all these scheduled callbacks end up. There are two ways of inserting new contacts to here:

1. the "regular" way: Outbound Option contacts customer, customer asks to call back next day at 15:00. Customer's phone number, agent ID etc saved to table.

2. the "SQL" way: we just go and insert a new row into this table. Believe or not, this is actually supported, meaning there's no need for "first contact".

Now, pretend the Personal Callback process (yes, there's a separate process for this, and this is actually discussed in the above referenced document, you can even switch off all campaigns, Personal Callback would still work) takes a look at the table and sees there is a callback due at that specific period of time. The call is placed - but since Personal Callback operates in Preview mode (see p. 64), Predictive or actually any other dialling modes are out. Meaning you still need the agent's interaction.

Now there's a trick: what happens if this preferred agent of ours is not available? The customer is still sort of expecting the call as agreed, right? So the system takes a look at the Campaign setting (Campaign General tab). There you can see three options: abandon the call, reschedule the call the next business day or use an alternate DN. The last option might be interesting: we have the option to route the call to a number - and this is the point where it gets a bit fuzzy as I never tried this - and this number may be anything: if you are lucky, this might even be a DN that would route the call to a script with an IVR menu - and then do what you described above.

Now, there's a question: if this is all Preview and only Preview, should the agent we need to contact first be logged in at all (or, going further, should its account even exists)? Can't we just insert a non-existing agent ID and then it would automatically fall to the "Use the alternate VDN" option?

G.

Community Member

I like your thinking, Thanks

I like your thinking, Thanks for the tip - I will pass on the information to see whether we can get something working.

I really appreciate the time you have spent working this through!

Feel free to update if you think of anything else.

Regards,

Damon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content