Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Primary Extension is not unique

I have a UCCX 8.5.1 server with UCM 8.6.2.  I have one agent that cannot login because she keeps getting the error "Phone is not unique".  the MIVR logs shows "%MIVR-SS_RM-7-UNK:Primary extension [6562953] is not unique and exist on 2 different partition."  We can combed the UCM server and there is no other extension in the system.  Anyone have any ideas?

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Martin,

Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones

The following configurations are not supported for agent phones:

•Two lines on an agent’s phone that have the same extension but exist in different partitions.

•A Unified CCX extension assigned to multiple devices.

Please refer the below release notes for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/release/guide/uccx851rn.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

I appreciated the reply but as I said in my post the problem is this is NOT a shared line and there is no other extension in the system in another partition but I still get this error.  I'm aware of this requirement.

Martin, is the only issue that she is unable to log in to CAD?

I'm assuming she can make phone calls ok and she can receive them ok as well (both from internal and external numbers), is that correct?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

That is correct.  The phone works fine.

Is it possible to attach screen shots of both the end user configuration as well as the DN configuration?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

We changed the extension on the phone to solve the issue.  We are going to schedule a restart of the CTI Manager services during the next maintenance window.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: