Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Priority List

Hi!

Witch is the best way to create a list with Extensions/Names for setting a Higher priority ?

I was thinking of create a file like this:

7001;President

7002;Secretary

7003;Boss 1

7004;Boss 2

(there are lots of extensions.. and they change some times..)

If this is a good way to do that, does anyone can post a example script to show me how to do it ?

Thanks.

Andrei.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrei,

Dial plan is your most valued and important step.

You have to really map this out with best practices. You may want to search the net for best dial plans. There is no one way its based on your needs, growth and style.

You for sure do not want to give top number to president for privacy and security.

You want to create ranges and assign each with different department, and have 1st and 2nd digit mean some thing etc. Leave some room for each.

7000 can be main

eg: 70xx - executives

71xx - Marketing

79xx - for remote locatiions/outside office

You get the idea.

Please rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Baseer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Andrei,

Dial plan is your most valued and important step.

You have to really map this out with best practices. You may want to search the net for best dial plans. There is no one way its based on your needs, growth and style.

You for sure do not want to give top number to president for privacy and security.

You want to create ranges and assign each with different department, and have 1st and 2nd digit mean some thing etc. Leave some room for each.

7000 can be main

eg: 70xx - executives

71xx - Marketing

79xx - for remote locatiions/outside office

You get the idea.

Please rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Baseer.

Hi !

it's for sure a great suggestion... but I'm in a large company.. and I cannot start changing extensions in this case... (but I'll take care of this in our next branch :) )

I'll try to create the script anyway

Thanks!

Andrei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: