Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

PRIORITY OF THE CALLS OF ONE QUEUE IN RELATION TO THE CALLS OF ANOTHER QUEUE

We have a Cisco IPCC Express environment.

Suppose I have a script with two queues defined ("REQUESTS" and "TROUBLES"). Calls go to one queue or to another depending of the menu options that the customer marks.

Now suppose I have agents with skills in both queues (same people answer requests and troubles calls).

Is is possible to priorize the calls of one queue in relation to the calls of another queue? I mean, I want that troubles calls are attended always BEFORE requests calls.

I know I can do with in one queue, with Set Priority commands, but I don't want to use the same queue because I loss information of the service. I want to have SEPARATED QUEUES.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: PRIORITY OF THE CALLS OF ONE QUEUE IN RELATION TO THE CALLS

That's exactly how the Set Priority step works. All contacts are priority one by default. If you raise the priority of a contact to a higher number, it will be offered to agents first.

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Yes; you can increase the priority of the contact (not the CSQ itself). You can use the Set Priority Step within the ACD Steps palette to do this. Contacts with a higher priority will be offered to agents before those with a lower priority. You can even do this within the same CSQ if you want, there is no need to have descrete CSQs to accomplish this.

Community Member

So if I have several queues in a system, and I mark one Contact with high Priority... will his call attended before all calls of all queues?????

My situation is with several queues and several services, but with common agents, so I need the "important call" be priorized in the global system.

VIP Super Bronze

That's exactly how the Set Priority step works. All contacts are priority one by default. If you raise the priority of a contact to a higher number, it will be offered to agents first.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content