cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Priority Queueing

tcapo
Level 1
Level 1

The management in our call center would like to implement priority queueing, which I know is a capability of the system. The tricky part is that we have numerous CSQ's and, if I understand correctly, you can only prioritize calls withing a given CSQ. So the problem we would run into is that if a low priority call has been in queue for 5 minutes and a high priority call has been in a different queue for only 1 minute, FIFO will trump the priority. Does anyone have any suggestions on a possible work around?

7 Replies 7

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

You can priorotize calls over CSQ's if they are serviced by the same group of people.

For example if you have 2 customers, customer 1 and customer 2 who are serviced by the same Team of Agent (and have seperate scripts), and customer 1 has higher priority over customer 2, under the select resource step under the 'Queued' branch you could add the 'set priority step' to say 10 for customer 1 script and leave the default for customer 2 script.

HTH. Please rate helpful posts

Thanks for the response.

So to give you a little more detail, I have one group of agents that service 5 CSQ's. What they want to do is assign different priorities to different toll free numbers. Each toll free number has its own CSQ.

Are you telling me that if calls are queued in CSQ 1 and CSQ 2 and the toll free number for CSQ 1 has a priority of 10, but calls have been waiting in CSQ 2 longer, that the calls from CSQ 1 will still be delivered first?

Absolutely. You have understood me correctly provided (of course) CSQ 2 has a priority less than 10.

Also Priority Queing is only supported for Premium and Enhanced version of UCCX.

Yes we are running UCCX 7.0 Premium.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to try this out.

Hi,

We have this situation as well however it seemed to effect our CSQ activity reports. When we assign the resource to the skillset i.e add the second skillset to an agent so the agent now has SS1 and SS2 so they can answer calls for CSQ1 and CSQ2 , we see multiple instances of the CSQ 1

Was this the same for you ?

Sorry, no, we did not notice this happening.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, How did you prioritize? did you just assign a second SkillSet to the agents in UCCX admin so they had access to both Skillsets and create a second Script using the a new Resource CSQ ( SkillSet)? so calls were answered on the same DN ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: