Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem Integration CCX, CUCM and IM&Presence

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate a CCX and CUCM version 10. I also have a IM&Presence Server. When I've done the CCX installation, in dialog Unified CM Telephony Subsystem and RmCm Subsystem window I only have as Available CTI Manager the IM&Presence Server. I've selected it as cti manager and apparently, the rmcm user and cmteluser have been created in CUCM correctly. Anfortunately, in CCX Serviceability, inside CCX Engine> Subsystem Manager, the 'Unified CM Telephony Subsystem' is out of service and RmCm Subsystem is 'initializing'. I've try to create an application, but the Router point doesn't registered in the CUCM. I've tried to reboot CUCM and CCX twice and check that CUCM services are running. Any idea of what happens?

Many thanks!

Leire

4 REPLIES

When I set this up for the

When I set this up for the first time, I made the mistake of configuring an application user instead of an end user with the appropriate rights.

Cisco Employee

Leire,

Leire,

This is a known defect on 10.0. The reason this occurs because in CUCM 10.x onwards, CUPS node is not added as an Application Server but rather a Server node itself and the query the UCCX Sends is based on AXL and retrieves all the CUCM nodes.

CSCun67580

This is an internal defect, but you can find the summary below:

When we are installing CUCM, CUPS and UCCX 10.x, the CUPS ip address shows as an available CTI manager causing many issues with the UCCX integration also leading to a loss of the actual CTI managers available.

This is because of the architectural change in the CUCM 10.x onwards, where CUPS is added as a separate node on the System -- Server page with the Server Type -- CUCM IM and Presence.
Prior to 10.x in CUCM, this was added as an application Server.

This leads to a lot of issues as the UCCX sees the node as an available CTI manager. The AXL request sent to the CUCM needs to be based on the Server Type as the current query returns both the CUCM and the presence nodes in the cluster.

This is resolved in UCCX 10.5(1)

Regards,

Arundeep

Hi,I've deleted the CUPS from

Hi,

I've deleted the CUPS from the server page in CUCM and shutdown the CUPS. After that, the CUCM appears in CCX as CTI Manager server. I've selected it and I've create again the CUPS and start it. It seems to work, although I haven't had time to test any script yet, but all UCCX service are 'In service'. I'm trying to look for UCCX 10.5 but I couldn't find. Is it released? Do you know any workaround to solve the intergration issues?

Thanks a lot

Leire

Cisco Employee

Hi Leire,

Hi Leire,

That is a correct workaround procedure and the fact that the UCCX is IN SERVICE ensures correct JTAPI and RMCM integrations with CUCM.

UCCX 10.5 is scheduled for mid June (tentative) and still in the development phase. We actually found the issue in 10.0 and worked on the above defect. We have also modified the guide to reflect this and can be found under the defect CSCun67553

Again this being internal would not be visible in the bug tool kit, but here is the note that is added to the guide:

The following needs to be added as a Caution:

In case of fresh deployments of CUCM, CUPS and UCCX, ensure that the DNS is configured for CUCM, UCCX and CUPS as a best practice.

If DNS is configured only for UCCX (bypassed for CUCM) and CUPS is already added on the CUCM, then we will face issues when the integration of the CUCM and the UCCX is carried out.

To avoid this, we have 2 options:

1. Delete the CUPS node from Presence Redundancy Groups and the System -- Server page and proceed with the integration of the CUCM and UCCX. Add the CUPS node after this integration is successful.

2. Define the CUCM and other CTI nodes (subscribers) by ip address under System -- Server page for the proper integration between CUCM and UCCX.

Note: Replacing the hostname to ip and vice-versa on the System -- Server should not cause any issues, though a warning is received on the webpage. The certificates will have to be regenerated.

Regards,

Arundeep

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content