cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt in Foreign Language

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

The prompt command S[speak this] will spell out the information between the brackets. I have Spanish installed along with English. What has to be done to get it to spell in Spanish? (Only for those times when the caller selected Spanish originally.)

Thanks.

Lee

7 Replies 7

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Auto-response is set to English as default. However the template for auto-response can be created in any language.

Try:

Please modify the following line in rserver.cfg

UI_LOCALES=en-US,zh-CN,de-DE,es-ES,fr-FR,ko-KR to UI_LOCALES=en-US

You will need to reinstall IPCCX and select all the languages that you want to use. Then, In the CRS Script, you can use Create Generated prompt and override the language to spanish.

Hope that helps. Please rate posts.

It's not Express but Enterprise.

I attempted to use the "Create Language Prompt", but using reactive script shows nothing in the generated prompt except L[..:es_US] and nothing is played.

So what am I doing wrong?

Even for Enterprise, you will need to reinstall CRS and select the right languages that you need. Express and Enterprise use the same IVR engine when it comes to Cisco IPCC.

waldeland
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Lee! Kathy here, long time no chat... email me... i'm working on same issue, can compare notes... in order to get the Spanish language in the drop down box I needed to modify the local.properties file in wfavvid to include the new language.

email me at kwaldeland@yahoo.com.

I have IPCC 4.0.3 Express Premium and I chose to install United States English and United States Spanish as the languages for my install. So if you don't the language you want installed then the other folks in this thread are correct that you have to rerun the setup on the server and select the languages you want.

If you do have the languages that you want then this is how I use different languages in my script.

I have an initial Menu step that states "for english press one for spanish press two" (the second part of the prompt is said in Spanish) and has two branches, English and Spanish.

Under English I have a Set step that sets a string variable called PromptDirectory to EnglishPrompts. (EnglishPrompts is a folder I created on the IPCC server that I uploaded all of my recorded English greetings into.)

Under the Spanish branch of the Menu step I have a Set step that sets the same PromptDirectory to SpanishPrompts. (SpanishPrompts is a different folder I created on the IPCC server that I uploaded all of my recorded Spanish greetings into.)

I also have a Set Contact Info in this Spanish branch which sets Language to L[es_US].

Then in all of my steps where I need to play a prompt I have PromptDirectory + <.wav file name of the prompt I want to play>. So my main Menu step that plays after the customer selects the language is set to PromptDirectory + MainMenu. MainMenu is a .wav file that is uploaded to both my EnglishPrompts and SpanishPrompts folders I created on the IPCC server.

The Set Contact Info I mentioned earlier will play back customer information like their phone number or account balance in the correct language when using a Create Generated Prompt step.

I hope this helps!

The correct answer appears to be the

Set Contact Info step.

I added it and now I get my play back in Spanish.

Reinstallation was NOT required. No registry hacks are needed.

Thanks.

Lee