Helpful
Replies

prompt stuck in cache

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a UCCE solution.

In the process of updating some prompts, one of the prompts had an incorrect format.

I have used the command "audio-prompt load <URL>" in order to insure that the new prompt is in the Gateway's cache. Then I realized that the prompt had an incorrect format and needs to be replaced. I have tried to replace the prompt with an another one that has the correct format, however, the gateway is not refreshing its cache entry for this prompt and displaying a message.

audio-prompt load <URL>
Reload of <URL> status failed

audio-prompt <URL> not loaded - open (or format) failure

Any idea how I can delete the prompt that is stuck in the Gateway.

Thanks,

Justine.

1 Reply 1

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You can try staling the cache - set http client cache stale - but it probably won't fix your problem and will make all other prompts get refreshed from the Web server.

Now are you absolutely certain the file is good? I assume the URL is exactly right. Try putting the complete URL in a browser and set the default player to Windows Sound Recrder (sndrec32.exe) and check the properties.

The trace shows that audio-prompt load is reaching out to the URL, but the prompt is still in the wrong format. This command does work - although sometimes it takes a couple of goes before you see "Reload successful".

Try it on another file that you know is OK to satisfy yourself that the technique works.

But if audio-prompt load is not working, then there are no ifs or buts - the WAV file is wrong. You must double check - look at the file with a HEX editor. It can be in CCITT uLaw and still be wrong.

If you reload your router, the in-memory cache will be dropped. There is no other way.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: