Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompts

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hello folks,

where are the prompt files stored in the server ?

we have a high availability cluster and for 1 script prompts back from 2008 are being played. we give the user the ability change the prompts and we store them in the server. i'm just curious and want to check where those files are stored

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They are stored on C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_US if the prompts are English, you may also have sub folders there if they were created.

Note however that all prompts should be uploaded via prompt repository from appadmin page.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They are stored on C:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_US if the prompts are English, you may also have sub folders there if they were created.

Note however that all prompts should be uploaded via prompt repository from appadmin page.

HTH,

Chris

thank you Chris,

so what happens if we created a script for a user to be able to call an extension and then get the options to re-record prompts? is this the reason of why the main script plays the main prompts for a few days and then it bounces back to the old ones ?

"is this the reason of why the main script plays the main prompts for a few days and then it bounces back to the old ones ?"

Yes. The files are likely being overwritten when the saved contents in the database are synchronized down to the local disk for run-time use.

If you need to record and save a prompt through a script, you must authenticate a user with the User steps (interactively or automatically in the script) and then upload it to the script repository, again with the relevant steps. The prompt will then be synchronized down to the disk for the MIVR subsystem to use on the next call.

Do you have a sample script for this process?

the script for recording?

Yes I have a script that works in the way yours did originally but would like to write a script to update the prompts on the fly. I am experiencing the same issue you have with ha.

yes I have the script that we use to let the end user update the prompts

Are you using the authenticated user? If so can you post?

this is our script

The document does not exist or is not downloadable.

try it now i will leave the file there for 15 mins

Thanks I was able to download.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: