Views
Helpful
Replies

Provide skill selection to agent prior to answering call

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am rebuilding a call center script for a customer.  The base model is that there is going to be one CSQ involving three skills.  Skill A - General,  Skill B - Dept1, and Skill C - Dept2.

The Supervisor would like the agent presented with a call to see the skill description so they are aware of the type of calling they are answering.  Right now I looking to display this information over the phone display.  Ideally I would like to figure out a way to do a pop-up on the computer (much like an incoming email).

UCCX Ver 8.5.1

Thanks        

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, what is your question?  Are you asking on how to do the pop-up or as that does not match the title of this thread?

Chris

Sorry Chris.. the pop-up was an after thought. Half of the agent use citrix to access the software so I'm not ready to go down that road yet.    For now I would like to be able to provide the skill selection to the agent on the phone display.

Agents cannot select which call they can take from queue, that is not the purpose of an ACD.  The ACD delivers the calls to agents based on selection criteria and selected CSQ.  If there are 3 skills in CSQ, then the queue is a single queue that requires agents to be skilled in 3 skills.  If you want to deliver these 3 call types to different agents then you need to build 3 spererate CSQs with each skill assigned to them.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

I understand and I may have worded my question wrong.  I am only looking to display the information to the agent, not provide them an option to select which call they can take from the queue.

If I am an agent with all three skills, before I answer the call I would like to know if the customer calling  pressed the option for Dept A or Dept B or Dept C so as to be better prepared when answering the call. 

Troy,

If you are unable to use the built in facilities for CAD and must use the IP phone to display the information I have a solution we have deployed for customers to provide enhanced screen pops to the IP Phone.

Please feel free to contact me if this is something you are in need of and I would be happy to show you some examples!

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

OK, got it, but again the routing is not based on skill, but CSQ, so by the time the call gets to the agent the CSQ drove the call routing not skill, so if the agent wants to be able to see which skill were selected then you need to construct your CSQ per skill rather than combining the skills into a singe CSQ, for example:

skill 1 - language

skill 2 - call reason

skill 3 - country

if customer is asked for 3 inputs and based on it you need to route to skilled agent then you would build 1 CSQ with all 3 skills, but the agent should not care which option was selected as he/she is part of all three and the CSQ name should reflect it, i.e. English-Support-US. 

Chris

You may be correct Chris. I may need to build out three CSQ's based on your explanation above.  I'l build it out in my test environment and circle back to this.  Many thanks!

This setup does require 3 CSQ's.  For conversation sake:   1.  General Dept.  2.  Accounting   3.  Purchasing.

The Agent Desktop software Identifies the CSQ name on each inbound call and that may be sufficient.  If not, are there ways to provide the same CSQ information to the phone or a pop-up?  I would like to stay away from 3rd party software if possible.  Currently an inbound call shows the CTI port number and description on the phone display. 

Not real pretty, but you could use different call control groups for the different queues. You can then set caller ID on the call control groups to match the queue names.

This works best if the queues are accessed via individual DIDs rather than a main number with a menu, since each queue would have to be in an individual application, and if there is a menu it would have to transfer the call to a new trigger.

---------------------------------
Please rate helpful posts
Visit me a http://www.routeswitchblog.com

--------------------------------- Please rate helpful posts Visit me a http://www.routeswitchblog.com