Views
Helpful
Replies

Purge problem Logger

rhobab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

One of my loggers has stopped purging some of the tables in particular the TCD and RCD tables. looking at the history I find the following error.

"

RegOpenKeyEx() returned error 2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.'

Msg 22001, Level 1, State 1

(0 row(s) affected)"

Any ideas?

Victor

2 Replies 2

Where there any reacent changes to the logger?  Seems like it might be an issue with SQL.  Can you log in locally and bring up MS SQL and run a simple query?

david

Hello David

Thanks for the reply. These loggers are separated by a WAN connection that went down simultaneosly fro both public and private networks. Initially I tried sincronising the loggers using ICMDBA but for some reason with no success so I hado to copy the LoggerA database and restore on the LoggerB side. What was causing the problem with the purge is that the stored procedure in SQL was pointing to LoggerA registry setting. Modifying it to LoggerB solved the problem. Curiously only some of the tables were not being purged while others were.

Thanks all the same.

Victor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: