cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QM 8.5.2 Desktop Recording: it "follows" my laptop´s MAC instead of IP Communicator´s device name

rogelioalvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team:

Scenario: I configured my IP Communicator 7.x to have a static Device Name (SEPaabbccddeeff) instead of asking the software to derive its device name from one of my laptop´s NICs. I am also running Desktop Recording 8.5.

I would have expected Quality Manager´s Desktop Recording software to interrogate my IP Communicator in order to learn the "logical MAC" behind the "SEP" prefix, but to my surprise Dektop Recording is using the MAC address of one of my laptop´s network adapters. Then, DR tries to verify with CUCM whether this MAC belongs to one of the phones associated to CUCM´s AQM JTAPI user, that is not the case. And so I am not being able to record the voice calls unless I force my softphone´s device name to match the NIC information.

¿ Has anyone faced this scenario and found a way to work this around? My problem is that sometimes I must start my IP Communicator from behind a VPN and therefore the MAC that Desktop Recording gets could be different depending on the network my laptop is hooked to.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rogelio Alvez

Argentina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rogelio,

Please try the below points.

1. Run the postinstall.exe on the client box to select the appropriate NIC.

2. Open the Web CDA and select the VOIP monitoring server once again with this Device's new MAC as seen below.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Rogelio,

Referring to the below doc,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_8x/user/guide/qm852-administrator-user-guide-cisco.pdf

Page 61 says,

If the device is a Cisco IP Communicator, type the MAC address for

the user’s PC. This text field is case-insensitive. The Device Name

must match the MAC address that packets travel through.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Hello Anand:

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

I knew about the user guide advice, but it does not help, since a laptop could have many NICs (LAN, WLAN, VPN logical NIC). Every time your "active MAC" changes (ie, if you connect from LAN, from WLAN, from a VPN adapter), Desktop Recording will try to attach the definition to this MAC. There will be times in which your device name will match it, and times in which it will not, and that will force you to update the information on CUCM to make it work.

I would have expected Desktop Recording to interrogate IP Communicator for its Device Name instead

Best regards, Rogelio

Hi Rogelio,

Please try the below points.

1. Run the postinstall.exe on the client box to select the appropriate NIC.

2. Open the Web CDA and select the VOIP monitoring server once again with this Device's new MAC as seen below.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts!!