Views
Helpful
Replies

QM Recording Archiving

sachinthaplus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have Cisco Compliance Recording (QM) 9 installed  with CUCM 9.1 and UCCX 9. I have few clarifications about recording  archiving in QM

1) I have configured the archive workflow as below

End of day = 23:55

Recording retention = unlimited

So  this means that recordings are uploaded to archive location on each day  at 23:55 and recordings are kept forever. Am I correct?

2)  If some one wants to backup QM recordings, how can we do that? The only  way I found to do this task is to copy and paste the entire recording  archive folder in QM server. But these files are in "spx" file format  which is very hard to play

Thanks

Regards

Sachintha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Calabrio Recording Export Utility (not free) can export recordings for specified team in specified period. File fomat is WAV or WMA.

About Retention period, here is wht in Admin Guide:

Quality Management deletes metadata associated with a call when the longest of the quality management Tagged, archived Tagged, or metadata retention times is reached. By default, call data is stored for 13 months.

In your case, metadata should stay forever.

Wenqian Yu

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Austin Messer
Level 1
Level 1

Sachintha

You are correct in your statement.  The "End of Day" time is the period when you consider the recording day complete and begin to upload recordings to storage.

Unlimited Retention means that the Cleaner service to delete files will always overlook files for deletion.  Files will remain forever, or until the retention period is changed.

Backup options are not limited, Any 3rd party or windows based backup utility can be utilized to backup and copy contents of the .spx files (recordings)

Further more Exporting of recordings can be accomplished either one by one, or via a Bulk Export Utility, these files are exported to .WMA, .WMV or .WAV.

Hi Austin,

Thanks you very much for the response.

Is there a way to play these spx files directly? Also can you describe how to use this Bulk Export Utility. I serched for it but I am unble find a way

Also in QM 9 admin guide it says retation period for metadata is 13 months and this cannot be changed. This means call recording metadata will be deleted after 13 months and we will not be able search for these calls on WFM web interface even we have these calls archived. Am I correct?

Thanks

Sachintha

Hi All,

Any respose or suggetion regarding this ???

This is very important to me because we are having a customer who expected to keep recording for long term. There is no use of keeping recordings unless we can search them play them

If anyone of you have similar scenario pls share with me

Thanks All

here is how to convert the recordings.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6399859_convert-spx-mp3.html

Calabrio Recording Export Utility (not free) can export recordings for specified team in specified period. File fomat is WAV or WMA.

About Retention period, here is wht in Admin Guide:

Quality Management deletes metadata associated with a call when the longest of the quality management Tagged, archived Tagged, or metadata retention times is reached. By default, call data is stored for 13 months.

In your case, metadata should stay forever.

Wenqian Yu

Hi Wenqian,

Thanks a lot. That clears my doubt.

Hi Neal,

Thanks for info. I will try that

I have recently purchased (QMADD_9.5_EXPORTADVANCED_CALABRIO_ENT ) - Export software. May i know how to configure this Plug in. i was not able to find the document for this.

Selva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: