cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quality Management (QM 10.5) integrate with the local MS SQL Express 2012 database error on postinstall

visualauthor
Level 1
Level 1

hi all:

When I am installing the QM Base Server need to integrate with the local MS SQL Express 2012 , prompting the following database errors :

Enclosed the screen shot and the log , please help me, thank a lot.

2 Replies 2

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Is  'QMDB01' definitely your instance name? Normally the default instance name for sql express is 'SQLExpress'

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hello-

It looks like Jetty might be having issues:

2014-09-30 22:49:57.130:WARN:oejuc.AbstractLifeCycle:FAILED SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:80: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

Did you install IIS or anything else that is using port 80 on the server?  I ran into issues when using SQL 2012 as it requires IIS for a few features that are not used by QM.

If you run 'netstat -ano' you should be able to see the process ID that that port 80 is bound to.

H:\>netstat -ano

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
  TCP    0.0.0.0:80             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       656

Next look at Task Manager to determine the application.  (you will need to add PID to your view of Task Manager.)  If it's not Jetty, that may be at least part of the issue. 

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: