Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Quality Manager 9.x - initial setup fails

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up WFO on a single VM for our lab system. I've gone through the install guide multiple times, yet Postinstall fails to get past the initial System Database step and throws this error: Schema program failed: Could not run script to update users.

The user "wfo" has all the rights to create DBs and if I look at the SQL server after the error is displayed, I can see the SQMDB has been created.

Environment:

QM 9.0.1 SR4 ES0

Win 2008 R2

SQL 2008 SP3 Standard default instance MSSQLSERVER

(Also tested SQL 2008 R2 SP1 Express, but made no difference)

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Attila

Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 14.35.39.png

• Contact Center
Everyone's tags (5)
9 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

Have you tried with full sysadmin privileges? It might be trying to update some system-level permissions for the users it creates on the DB

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes, did try with the built-in sa account too. Same result.

Super Bronze

Can you upload the logs from the install folder in the program files directory?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: Quality Manager 9.x - initial setup fails

Hi Aaron,

thanks for looking at this.

Here's the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\WFO_QM\log compressed.

Attila

Super Bronze

Hi

I see in the logs (postinstall.log/dbg) attempts to connect to various instance names (LAB, SQLEXPRESS) which fail as they don't exist - did you enter these or is the program trying them automatically?

Have you tried leaving the instance name empty?

Aaron

Hi,

managed to fix it finally. I have reinstalled the system a few times, so not sure what has been wrong at different stages.

For this last attempt TCP/IP wasn't enabled on SQL Server Express by default, so had to manually enable it and bounce SQL services.

Just for reference, the working scenario:

- SQL Server Express R2, Instance: LAB, TCP/IP manually enabled, SQL Server run as Local System

- QM_901, instance name LAB specified in PostInstall, user account: sa

Thanks,

Attila

If you are using the default

If you are using the default SQL instance do not fill in the instance name when running post install this fails even if you put in the default instance name.

Hi,

I have same problem too. My working scenario is :

- SQL Server Developer edition  R2, Instance: MSSQLSERVER, TCP/IP enabled

- QM 8.5, instance name MSSQLSERVER, user account sa

SQMDB has been created after initial System Database error : Schema program failed: Could not run script to update users.

TCP/IP enabled but still not work, anyone can help?

many thanks.

Came across another error but

Came across another error but may be the same so I thought I would share.

In my case I needed to go from SQL Standard to SQL Express. Did the backup, uninstall, re-install, restore. Was getting an unauthorized error... "Cannot load information from DB: org.apache.http.AuthenticationException: AuthenticationFailed: Received 401 Unauthorized." ... See error1.png

Found that TCP/IP (and Named Pipes) were disabled. Enabled them and everything starting working... See tcpip.png

Views
Helpful
Replies