Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question about How to use the Re-Skill tool?

My question is "How to use the Re-Skill tool" in relation to the UCCE/ICM versions 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5+ (if there are changes between the versions)?

I know how to add/remove skills from an Agent, or add/remove Agents from a Skill, but the question is more about the correct procedure in production.

As far as I know, the tool is to (from version 7.5?) dynamically assign Skills to an Agent by a Supervisor, without the need for a Logout and Login action from the related Agent. Is this correct?

Is it then possible (allowed) to add/remove Skills from:

1. a logged-in Agent (status Not Ready)
  2. a logged-in Agent (status Ready)
  3. a logged-in Agent (status Wrapup)
  4. a logged-in Agent (status Talking)

How long should it take to see the newly assigned (or removed) skills on the Agent Desktop (either CAD or CTI OS Agent Desktop), and on the Supervisor Desktop (CAD or CTI OS Supervisor Desktop)? Are there differences between the versions used?

On an installation UCCE 8.5 with CAD 8.5(2a) we noticed a delay of 15 minutes before the skills are visible in the CAD Agent&Supervisor Desktops, after Re-skilling without logging-out+in again. Is this normal/expected behaviour?

I have searched for documentation about this, but so far unable to find anything useful. Maybe someone outhere can?

Thanks. Regards, Eric

2 REPLIES

You can remove/add skills from any agent in any state.  I would assume that betwee 5 to 15 minutes before the agent stats update, but I've never tested it as it has never come up.

david

Dynamic Re-skilling is indeed allowed in any state and the change should occur pretty much instantly. I can't think of many situations where it wouldn't be applied immediately. If the agent is in Wrap-up or Talking in the Skill Group that you've just removed it probably stays applied until he/she's done with that call.

You could take a look at the procmon and opctest tools with such commands as 'dagent', that will allow you to dump the real-time configuration on an agent that you've re-skilled.

Cheers,

Kris

Views
Helpful
Replies