cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on changing device pool settings in CUCM for UCCX

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

In reviewing our as-built system, I noticed that UCCX was using the default date/time group CMLocal instead of a custom one as recommended.  I'd like to change this, but I wanted to know if I'd have to reset the device pool for UCCX, and if so, what kind of impact that would actually have on call processing, if any (so I can schedule the maintenance over the weekend vs. just after peak hours).

Any insight is much appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SO, you are not changing DP but only date/time group within DP? 

You will need to reset the ports so do this after-hours.

But as a side note the time/date group is irrelevant for cti ports as they do not use it for anything.

Chris

Understood on the ports.  Assuming DP > view > rest will do that.  Regarding the usage of date/time, it's more to be inline with best practices (so TAC has nothing to push back on), and also, this date time setting is used for reporting, so I don't want CMLocal's OS-level stuff to get potentially pushed to UCCX (CMLocal resets every time CUCM is restarted).

Thanks for the insight, I'll plan accordingly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: