Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Cisco Compliance Recording

Hi, anybody worked on Cisco QM or CR(Compliance Recording)? I have a confusion on it. There are three types of recording systems - 'Desktop Recording', 'Server Recording' and 'Network Recording', the installation and configuration guide I have found as well but the confusion is not clear yet.

I can see the server sizing calculation are for 'Server Recording' or 'Network Recording' mode only, but I have a basic question, for 'Desktop Recording' system don't we need a seperate server? Or the recording files will be stored inside the desktop PC only?

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

CCIE# 27424 (Voice)

dreamforccie.wordpress.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mijanur,

You don't need a separete server for desktop recording, it will work just fine with your windows server running the CR. Just sync the databases, then you give your uccx agent a compliance license, install the recording service in agent's desktop and thats all.

Gabriel.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi Mijanur,

You don't need a separete server for desktop recording, it will work just fine with your windows server running the CR. Just sync the databases, then you give your uccx agent a compliance license, install the recording service in agent's desktop and thats all.

Gabriel.

You don't need a separete server for desktop recording, it will work just fine with your windows server running the CR.

So I need a seperate box running windows server with CR installed, isn't it? Because the customer is running CCX 8.5, so no windows environment already there.

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

CCIE# 27424 (Voice)

Correct, but if you have a virtualized environment you can run this on a virtual machine ( UCS running VMware)

Gabriel.

Thanks a lot mate....u made my confusion clear, and you deserve a +5

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

CCIE# 27424 (Voice)

You are welcome, glad to help here

Gabriel

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dear friend.

If I have only Recording Compliance license, can you advise me which tools I need to install?

Only CR or WFO or QM? I use UCCX 9.0.

As you talk, I need only WINDOW enviroment? Unless I use Win Server, can I use WIN 7 to run CR?

Thanks in advance.

Vinh Phan

Hi Vinh,

You install the software with the same Media Kit. The features your able to use depends on your license (CR, QM or AQM). You just need to install those licenses in the UCCX and then the CR obtains the license info from the UCCX.

Windows 7 is not supported, only supports Windows Server

Here is a step by step for your installation and configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_8x/installation/guide/qm85igc.pdf

Gabriel.

Thanks.

Another question.

Does I need CR server LIC or only CR seats LIC?

Just the CR seats, the only thing you license in the server is the Windows and the database, if you don't have already installed it.

Please rate helpul posts

Gabriel