Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue email activities in Cisco Interaction Manager

Dear Problem Solvers :)

I have a new Cisco Web and Email Interaction Manager 9.0 installed and running.
The system is integrated with UCCE and all the queues are integrated queues.
While testing the features, I have noticed that if no agent is logged in and someone sent an email, when an agent becomes available the email activity doesn't get routed to him as if ICM doesn't keep the email in the queue to route it when an agent becomes available.
Also if only one agent is logged in and is handling a chat activity, when another customer initiates a new chat the system says that there is no availble agent and asks the customer to try again, also as if the system doesn't keep the activities in queue.

Kindly does someone have a workaround for this? we don't need customers' emails to be discarded when no agents are available.
Thanks in advance
Lara Noueir

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hey Lara, the emails are not

Hey Lara, the emails are not getting queued because they are abnormally handled after success path of Queue to skill group.

please add a wait node, after success path of queue to skill group. set time in wait node to max time you want emails to stay in queue. may be after this you can use another queue or send some label back to CIM, which matches to non IPTA group on CIM.

the same is applicable for Chat as well.

coming to the point at the subsequent chat not routing to the same agent, this one depends on max concurrent task you configure in CIM for Chat queue.

there is config tab in each ICM integrated queue called "Concurrent task limit", this is the one deciding factor on how many concurrent task for each queue an agent can handle.

please try and let me know if that works.

regards

Chintan

Lara, I am doing good ! just

Lara, I am doing good ! just having some cold in this nusty atmosphere. :-)

By default when you create a Chat Entry point, it required agent to be available to take the chat, and if the agent is not available , the route request will never go to ICM.

to change this default setting, there is a property when you create a chat entry point called "Agent Availability". By default its set to require, to get the queuing work, set it to not require and check again if works or not.

Regards

Chintan

11 REPLIES

Hi lara, Can you share the

Hi lara, Can you share the script you are using for queuing an email?

we will also look into other issue, once we get this fixed.

Chintan

Hello Chintan,Kindly find

Hello Chintan,

Kindly find attached the email scripts in CIM and ICM.

Thank you,

Lara

Hey Lara, the emails are not

Hey Lara, the emails are not getting queued because they are abnormally handled after success path of Queue to skill group.

please add a wait node, after success path of queue to skill group. set time in wait node to max time you want emails to stay in queue. may be after this you can use another queue or send some label back to CIM, which matches to non IPTA group on CIM.

the same is applicable for Chat as well.

coming to the point at the subsequent chat not routing to the same agent, this one depends on max concurrent task you configure in CIM for Chat queue.

there is config tab in each ICM integrated queue called "Concurrent task limit", this is the one deciding factor on how many concurrent task for each queue an agent can handle.

please try and let me know if that works.

regards

Chintan

Thank you, I have added the

Thank you, I have added the wait node in ICM and I think there is no need to use another queue since all the requests will be handled in ICM.

As for the "Concurrent Task Limit" tab, I have set the value as 2 for one of our agents but he is still handling only one email activity at a time. Does the value 2 means that he can handle one chat activity and one email activity at a time for example, and not 2 email activities?

Thank you,

Lara

No lara, if you have set

No lara, if you have set value to 2 for Chat queue, then he can handle maximum of 2 tasks(Chat)  for that queue.

if the same agent belongs to email queue as well and has maximum task of 3 then he can handle 3 emails at max, so eventually with the above configuration agent can handle 2 chats and 3 email (Total of 5) concurrently.

when you change this setting on queue, it applies to CTI server through PGs ARM interface. You must logout and log back the agent in order for this setting change to take effect.

Regards

Chintan

Hi Chintan, Hope all is well

Hi Chintan, 

Hope all is well.

I have tried to add the wait node in the chat script in script editor but still the chat activities are not queued when no agents are available. 

Is there anything I can check?

Thanks

Lara

Lara, I am doing good ! just

Lara, I am doing good ! just having some cold in this nusty atmosphere. :-)

By default when you create a Chat Entry point, it required agent to be available to take the chat, and if the agent is not available , the route request will never go to ICM.

to change this default setting, there is a property when you create a chat entry point called "Agent Availability". By default its set to require, to get the queuing work, set it to not require and check again if works or not.

Regards

Chintan

Ohhh the weather is still

Ohhh the weather is still perfect here in Lebanon :)

It worked thanks, but I still have a question, is there a way to show the caller the expected wait time before an agent handles the activity?

Regards,

Lara

Hi lara,the expected wait

Hi lara,

the expected wait time by defaults shows up to the customer in their chat application.

regards

Chintan

Ah okay, I asked before

Ah okay, I asked before trying it. Thanks.

Does the same apply for emails activities in order to show the customer in  the estimated wait time in the auto reply

Regards,

Lara

probably not, wait time is

probably not, wait time is not applicable to emails activities.

emails are not subjected to be handle in realtime, so applying wait time will not make difference.

Regards

Chintan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content