Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Queue to skill grp node

Here is a scenario I have.  I have bunch of skill groups L1......L4 and so on.  Now I want L1 to answer first, then L2 and so on. If I put them all in

one skill group node, I cannot assign different priorities on each skill group on the same node. I could put a condition to go to L2 if L1 is not available and so on. However still cannot give them a different priority. 

Now the  option is to have different queue to skill group nodes for each level and assign different priorities on each. That makes the script bloated.

Is there a way to accomplist this using single queue to skill group node and then somehow assign different priorities to each level. Or any other suggestions ?       

19 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Queue to skill grp node

Assuming this is UCCE, this is actually preferred method, your script would look something like this:

Select skill1

fail branch select skill 2         

fail branch select skill 3

fail branch select skill 4

fail branch queue skills 1, 2, 3, 4

HTH,

Chris

Queue to skill grp node

I am already doing that.  I need the script to traverse from 1,2,3 -4 but with different priorities set.  How  can I  have different priorities for each skill group without have separte nodes for each. I am just trying to avoid the script from having too many nodes, if there was a way to do it differently.

Queue to skill grp node

You could add priority nodes, but you're just adding more nodes.  The only way was stated above.

david

Re: Queue to skill grp node

If this is UCCE, why don't you use the LAA node, look in the L1 group, then proceed with the next LAA in L2 group etc.

In the end you can queue the call to all skill groups, since there weren't any free agents in any of the skill groups (this is assuming that you want service your customer as soon as possible).

HTH

Edit: the answer to your original question would be 'no' indeed, you need more nodes. My suggestions has a reporting effect in that users are not queued if there is an available agent in one of the L1..L4 skill groups

Queue to skill grp node

The only problem with above approach is that say all nodes fail and no agent is available, I have all of the skills with same priority.  Then L4 could potentially get the call before L1 and I do not want that.

So is it correct to say that if I need different priorities on L1...L4, I need to have different nodes.

Re:Queue to skill grp node

the priority is on the caller, not the skillgroup level..

also, if you do the select laa, and all fail and u end up i ln a queue, then the first free agent in any of the queues will answer it... u dont have priority in that case on the queues level..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Queue to skill grp node

Having multiple queue to skill group nodes with different priorities will not do the trick ?  These are part of the same enterrpise skill group. So there is L1 through L4 and then I want to set the priorities as 1,2,3 & 4 for each one. I want to make sure that when a call comes and say if nobody is available and caller is queued for L1 though L4 and if L1 and L4 become avail at same time, L1 gets the call. 

Also how about LAA node. What will be the difference in behavior with respect to the above ?

If I add the LAA node in the order of L1, L2, L3 and L4 and say none of the agents are available in first pass, would it assign call to agent with L1 first if say both L1 and L4 become available at same time.

Thanks

Agreed. However, if you want to keep the call at your L1 agents for, say 30 seconds, you could queue against the L1 group first.

I don't see the problem with the first available agent taking the call though. I'd you don't have free L1 agents, then you don't have free L1 agents.

You'll need 1 LAA node per group, serial. This guarantees that the groups are filled from L1 to L4.

what about using Precision Queues instead of skill groups?

Queue to skill grp node

Thanks for the explanation oabulaban.  I was looking at old thread and it kind of indicated setting different priorities in this manner:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/272468

Just one scenario in this context and if the priority is for the caller. What happens if the call passes through "Queu to skill grup node 1" with priority 1, then second node with 2, 3 and then 4 for fourth node.

If the priority is for the caller, then essentially the priority will get reset with each node and will become 4 after passing node 4 assuming agent was not available for the skill group in each of the 4 nodes.  Is that a correct assumption ?

for the L1 and L4 agents are frer at the same time, in my opinion there will always be a small difference between agent becoming free.. the few milliseconds will cause the first free agent to take the call

how i understand it, the priority in ucce is on the call/caller, and not the skillgroup.. when you give a priority, you give it to the person who is calling, irrelevant from the skill group he is queued on

as for the LAA, LAA does not queue calls.. it just checks wether a free agent is available and sends the call to the agent... if not agents were available, LAA would continue from the X part... to queue a call, you need to use the queue node

Queue to skill grp node

hmm...  I am not sure if it gets dequeued.  I hope someone else can confirm this.

i am not sure about my response, so it would be nice if someone would confirm or correct it.

As per my understanding, if you queue the call to L1, and then queue with a different node to L2, caller will be dequeued from L1. I know this is different than the thread you mentioned, and hence am not sure about this. if you want to queue to multiple skillgroups, it needs to be done in the same node.

Queue to skill grp node

Call does not get dequeued when you add new SGs to a call.

david

Queue to skill grp node

Thanks David.  Could you also confirm if the priority set on the node if indeed for the caller ?

So, if you have 4 nodes one after other with 4 different skill sets and priorities from 1 through 4 would the priority of the caller become 4 after the call goes through 4th node ?

Queue to skill grp node

Actually this is a good question and one which I've not tried, but here's what I think would happen.  There are to ways of putting priority on a call.  Way #1 is to do it in the QtoSG node.  The second way is to use a Priority node.

If your scenario is the following:

QtoSG1P7 > QtoSG2P3 > QtoSG3P5: The call will have 3 different priorities on 3 different skill groups, that means that which ever skill group becomes available first, the call will take the priority of that skill group.

QtoSG1P7 > QtoSG2P3 > Priority 1 node: The call will have the same priority, 1, across all skill groups.

david

Queue to skill grp node

Thanks, this can get  more complicated then I thought

One scenario, I noticed in my lab. When I queue 4 calls in lab and say I make  a agent available.  The first call that came in does not necessarily get assigned to the available agent. It could be 3rd call waiting that gets assigned.

That could be one fallout of the scenario:

QtoSG1P7 > QtoSG2P3 > QtoSG3P5:

thanks david

well, if thats the case, then i would assume you can put different priority on each queue node..

Views
Helpful
Replies