Helpful
Replies

Queued Calls and Music on Hold

abhijit75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Here is my situation:

I have two different call types that queue to seperate skill groups. Each skill group is comprised of the same set of agents. We want to treat these calls differently and I have been told not send calls to "skill b" until an agent in "skill a" is avail for 45 seconds. That I can do.

My problem is when queueing calls I do not want the call to come out of queue until "skill a" becomes avail for 45 seconds. I am currently doing this by queueing the call for 15 seconds to a third "dummy" skill group and then having an "IF" node check to see if skill group a is avail for 15 secs and if so then the calls is routed to an agent. But this loops my 15 second music on hold and sounds bad. Is there some way to have music being played while the system is checking the availability of agents?

Maybe I am not using the "if" statement in the Queue node properly. But if I put something in there then the call doesn't queue at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Abhijit

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

You can put a "Call Hold" Step and then a "Delay" Step for the length of time you want the caller to be put on hold. This will utilize the Call Manager Hold music for the length of time set in the "Delay" step. You could also record a wav file for the length of time you wanted the music to be played

mchin345,

thanks for the reply. will give it a try.

thanks

abhijit