Views
Helpful
Replies

Queuing Emails from EIM in UCCE

alex.dersch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i have an EIM 4.2 running with UCCE 7.2.3. When the route request reaches the ICM script the email is transferred to the LAA agent - which is good. When no agent is logged on. the email is not queued until an agent is logging on instead the email is sent to the execption queue in EIM and the email is lost for the agents.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve this problem?

20 Replies 20

Most users can see the Exception Queue - but only certain users can transfer out of it. Just run a search and nominate that the queue name contains "Exception".

The pa (Partition Administrator) can select items in the Exception Queue and transfer them to the input queue to push them through your workflow again.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I am really suprised to know if PA can do it. Pl let me know how does PA see the contents of exception queue? I know PA can run the monitor and see how many e-mails but not sure if he can see the contents and reassign them also.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Hi,

Exception queue is a default queue of EIM. You need to create a standalone Agent on EIM i.e. the Agent doesn't exist in ICM and give this Agent pull permissions on Exception queue. That works beautifully for me. Let me check your other concerns and answer soon.

Thanks,

inner_silence

You can forget the non-IPTA stuff for a while. Is your skill group a IPTA skill group - that's the default, so I am sure it will be.

In your ICM script, use a Queue To Skill Group node leading to a Wait node. The way you have it, the call will only go to an agent who is available. It will not queue. The manual is wrong.

Turn on UserData trace on the MR PG as I noted above. When the task is sent up by the PG you will see a NEW TASK trace, and info on the script selector used will be obvious.

You can also use rttrace to increase tracing on your Call Router - set the usual check boxes and you will see the route request.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi All,

I've emails queued up for days in my integrated setup. You need to increase the registry in Router as rightly mentioned by Geoff, then you need the wait node in ICM script and lastly "Max duration" on either MRD or Media class for EIM. Lower value amongst these three will be in effect.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Hi Chad,

Mapping between ICM and EIM is something like following:

ICM_DN associated to ICM Call_Type.

When creating EIM_Queue select "Type IPCC/ICM and MRD "EIM" (or whatever name you've given). On the same scrren from the "Script Selector" drop-down choose ICM_DN as create above on ICM side.

Now, create you ICM_script and associate ICM Call_Type to this ICM_script.

After this configuration, any thing hitting EIM_Queue will hit ICM_DN >> ICM_Call_Type and finally ICM_Script.

Your EIM workflow would be something like:

Start (select aliases) >> Queue Node (EIM_Queue).

HTH.

thanks,

inner_silence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: