Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

"place call" step - retry

Trying to figure something out. In my scrip I use a Place Call step to call an oncall person using contact variable "PrimaryContact". If place call is successfull I play a menu prompt to the "PrimaryContact", the option 1 is to accept the call. If the call ends up in on call person's voicemail or if the on call person picks up but doesn't press 1, menu prompt has a 5 second timeout. Here's where I can't get it to work. In the "Timeout" condition for the menu prompt, I want it to end the call and retry the call to the on call person again (just once). Here's the screenshot. The problem is that after 5 seconds nothing happens it just sits there. If I try to use terminate contact step, it does hang up after 5 seconds, but it never makes the second call. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 4.58.43 PM.png

3 REPLIES

You need to use the Terminate step to first close the contact before calling them again.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

You say that it never makes the second call.  Have you debugged the script to determine where the call goes after the timeout of the place call step?  Does it hit the Call Backup Number label?

Found the solution. I need to terminate the contact, then wait for at least few seconds, then place call, it works. If I don't wait, the second call is never placed, the script just sits at the Place Call step.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content