When I start the Agent I recieve the following error "Recording and Statistics Server is down and is attempting to recover ... Recording and Agent Statistics will be unavailable.". We are not using recording so I'm unsure why this would appear. Any info would be appreciated.
I don't recall the specific fix, but it was largely going back over the entire agent configuration ... pay particular attention to the drive mapping to the source files on the IPCC share and checking permissions and/or using full administrative rights.
I dug these install intructions up that I gave to an admin a while back. Substitute your hostname, ip addresses, and whatever user ID you want to use for the share permissions (naturally you need to create this account on the IPCC server and assign permissions):
Log in as the Administrator to the workstation
1. Open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts (no extension) file with Windows Notepad
a. If only the file lmhosts.sam file exists, copy or rename it to lmhosts (with NO extension)
b. scroll to the bottom of the document and add ââ then save the document and close
2. Map an available network drive to \\\DESKTOP_CFG using user 'ipccuser' and password 'ipccuser123' and choose reconnect at login
3. From the Start menu choose Run
4. Enter \\\DESKTOP_CFG\desktop\InstallManager then click OK
a. The installation may take some time to start. If the installation does not start within 5 minutes, re-run the command
b. If you receive a warning that the publisher of the application could not be verified, choose OK to run the installer
5. From the Select Options screen, check âAgent Desktopâ, then click Next
6. At the âStart Copying Filesâ screen confirm the following information, then click Next
a. Directory Services Location:
b. Logical Call Center: IPCC LCC
c. Destination location: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop
d. CTI Manager A: ()
7. The installation is successful when the installation completes and the Agent Desktop icons appear in the start menu
8. Right-mouse click on the Start Menu button and select âExplore All Usersâ
9. Copy the Agent Desktop icon to the âAll Users\Desktop folderâ
Whenever your system config is changed or you want to make sure the agent are getting the right profile at download time, first action would be specially if something got changed in between to do the following:
Thanks for the reply - I finally got tired of trying to find out why it wasn't' working and just formatted and reinstalled everything - this way I knew all the files and registers were not corrupted. After creating all the queue's it appears to working fine.
You have reached the Cisco Logistics Support Center.. To Check Status of
your RMA, visit Product Returns & Replacements (RMA). Need help? Contact
us by Phone or Email. North Americas Phone: 1800 553 2447 Option 4
Email: email@example.com Europe Phone: +3...
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...