cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Randomize queue prompts?

jon.helmer
Level 5
Level 5

Today our IPCCx Enhanced v3.5 application plays a recorded message based on the number of times the caller has been holding through the queue loop. So if this is the first time in the loop it plays Message1, second time Message2, etc.

What I would like to do is randomize the messages callers in queue hear. What I'd like to do is get a random number, mod it down to the number of messages I have available, and play the message based on that number.

Thoughts on how to accomplish this? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

You can use the "Create Generated Prompt" > for the "Type" select "Random Prompt" > then just add Prompts to this > select the prompt variable to write this to (output prompt) > and then each time you play a prompt to the caller in queue hit the Create Generated Prompt Step and then the Play Prompt variable. Each time it will randomly play your different prompts. Just search for "random" in the pdf below. The link below is for 4.x but this Step works the same in 3.x:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401sr.pdf

please rate helpful posts.

andy dignan - berbee

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

You can use the "Create Generated Prompt" > for the "Type" select "Random Prompt" > then just add Prompts to this > select the prompt variable to write this to (output prompt) > and then each time you play a prompt to the caller in queue hit the Create Generated Prompt Step and then the Play Prompt variable. Each time it will randomly play your different prompts. Just search for "random" in the pdf below. The link below is for 4.x but this Step works the same in 3.x:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401sr.pdf

please rate helpful posts.

andy dignan - berbee

That did exactly what I needed. Thanks!