Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording options on Fly

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

We are into implementation phase of IPCCX 4.0.4, where we have to create IVR call flow for HelpDesk.

We are facing difficuities in terms of creating on script. Hope some one can help us, i am writing th description of what we needs to do as per customer requirement.

- We have to create outage script for the call center where CallCnter MAnager will call and record the disaster/emergency/funtions not working messages. Customer wants both th prerecorded options to be there and recording on Fly will also What they are looking for.

For Eg: I dial 23456 number (Which is trigger point for Outage scipt)

I will get the options Press 1 fo Global Main Outage, Press 2 for VIP Outage, Press 3 for Lotus notes outage.

IF i press 1 i will be dircted to Global MAin Outage script where i ill hear "Press 1 to enable, Press 2 to disable and Press to Check th current message"

If i press 1 in this i will get prompt to enable ne message" something like Please record your message..Now i have to record the message, so i need to write this message somewhre and than if than to make this file put into the repository to play and if i record it again it should overrite the existing file and do the same.

Someone must hav done this, so pleas advise how we can do this, if possible please send the small script as an example.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Daljeet Singh

8 Replies 8

Hi,

Thanks for looking into it.

We developed the logic of recording as per what your script.

And we had done something similar yesterday, however at the same point we are having issues. We can hear what we are recording but the file is not getting stored at the location provided by us in the variable.

Basically when we dubug the script when we hit "1" to keep the recording, it dont wait at write node, just goto set and then ends the calls.

I am attaching the sampl script, wave files are bit too odd but we are using them for testing. you can have a look at them if you can and let me know if something we are missing.

Just FYI we are trying using RDP to IPCC srver, if this is the case. i am going to try now on the server itself will post you if it works

Regds,

Daljeet

Writing the file is working fine and was working ysterday as well, Files were getting stored on our IPCC Standby server(as it became primary when we rebooted the Primary)

and we were doing changes or modifying it on Pimary(which was actually standby)

Now we need to upload that recorded file to Repository, we tried using upload node however due to some reason its not working. Could be we a doing something wrong(Pasing the variables).

Can you guide us on how to use upload node? as it wasnt thre in 3.5, this is first time i am working with 4.X

Thanks in advance

Regds,

Daljeet

1- You need to create a variable of type "User"

2- Use step "Get User" and choose "User ID" as the Query Type. Then insert a username with administrative privileges into "User ID" field. Last, choose your variable into "Output User" field.

3- Use step "Upload prompt" where the caller wants to confirm his recording. Populate all the fields correctly and choose your "User" type variable in the "User" field.

4- That's it !

Steven

Please rate helpful post.

Hi Steven,

Is there anyway you can give us example script?

It will be helpfull for us, as there are couple of doubts in the steps you mentioned.

Regds,

Daljeet

Stevan,

I am trying to do the steps.

Just one clarification when you say "then insert a username with administrative privileges into "User ID" field."

Does it mean i need to create some variable? or something else? when i put user with Admin Privileges it throw error.

Any inputs?

Regds,

Daljeet

You need to put a "CRS" user that is able to upload a prompt manually into the web page.

Here is a sample script.

Thanks a bunch man!! it worked

Bingo!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: