Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording step terminate

markotisler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there any option for ending the CRS recording step without the need for the caller to press # or some other button? So when the caller ends the call, the recording step would stop. Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards,

Marko

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can you the ContactInactive exception to trap the caller ending the call without pressing '#' and then continue with the script to process the WAV file.

Attached is an example script for IPCCX 4.0(5) which send the recording as an e-mail.

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chavdar_Baramov
Level 1
Level 1

There is a Tab in the Recording step - Filter there is Duration field where you put the max time for recording.

Yes, but what happens if the caller wants to leave a message, he forgets to press # and he doesnt wait for the max. duration of recording to expire to end but just drops the handset. Will the call still get recorded?

Regards,

Marko

My experience shows that msg is recorded it`s no matter 1 or 20 seconds.

Well i tried it, but the call only gets recorded if the caller presses #. If he doesnt, there is no recording (resulting document is empty).

Regards,

Marko

What you have on successful branch?

You need at Recording step> General >Result document a identifier.

Than you have to place at successful branch a Write document with the identifier (specified at record step) and output file name.

Thats pretty much what i have. Before the Write Document step i check whether the Document is null or not. When the caller doesnt press #,

the resulting document of the Recording step is null. If he presses #, it works.

Regards,

Marko

Here i add attachment with my records. They have different length and I`m sure that callers do not press # for termination.

SO i asume you have something set wrong in your script and we have to find it.

First: What value do you have in REcord>Input>Maximum retries

Second:Did You tried to add write document on unsuccessfull branch? I dont have it but it may worth a try.

Max. retries=3. I also tried unsuccessful branch, but the recorded document always ends up being null.

Regards,

Marko

Set Max retries to 1.

I`m almost 100% sure that will fix the issue.

You can you the ContactInactive exception to trap the caller ending the call without pressing '#' and then continue with the script to process the WAV file.

Attached is an example script for IPCCX 4.0(5) which send the recording as an e-mail.

Please rate helpful posts!

Cheers, it started working with ContactInactive exception trap. However, i do not have this step available in the editor and would like to know more about different traps. Any useful info on traps anywhere?

Thanks and regards,

Marko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: