Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Records in a DB

I have a DB which lists number plates. my script can connect and read from this DB, but is there a step to pull out all the records and either write them to a txt file or email them?

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Records in a DB

Not one shot. With CRS editor, you can only do 1 record at a time. You will have to use DB Get statement in a loop till you are out of records.In the DB Get's successful branch, you can write to a document (xml / txt file) and then at the end of reading, you can email it. So, you can do all the stuff but you can do only 1 record at a time.

If you have lot of records, then I would advise you to write a custom Java app/bean for this type of functionality and call it from the CRS script. For limited number of records, you can use the CRS DB statements directly.

Hope that helps. Please rate posts

Re: Records in a DB

so if I only have about 10 records I can use CRS to loop through the DB, and write to txt file, will it update the txt file each time it sees a record or will it overwrite it?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content