cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recover lost IPCCX password

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the procedure for recovering lost AppAdmin password? I renamed the ccndir.ini file, and I can login with Administrator/ciscocisco, however I cannot assign a new user as admin, I get LDAP error. I noticed that when I rename the ccndir file and login the repository and all configuration is blank.

Chris

12 Replies 12

I believe you have to reference the right LDAP profile. Once you reference the profile and restart the engine, you should be able to see the users. and then you can specify the admin users. Basically, since you reinitialized it, CRS does not know what profile to point to. You can just look into your LDAP and determine what profile that you need to use.

How can I recover a lost password for the AppAdmin screen?

A. If the Password for the AppAdmin screen is lost, you can complete the following steps to log into the application.

Locate and rename the file ccndir.ini to ccndir.ini.old.

Open the CRA AppAdmin page, select Start > Programs > Cisco CRA Administrator.

This takes you through the wizard. At the end, select the user that you want to use for Admin.

That's exactly what I am doing, however when I log back in I do not get the wizard. I have to manualy go to system->repository and enter the profile name, etc. Is this how it should behave? I can figure out the profile name from DC directory as you said, I just want to make sure that this is not going to corrupt anything.

Chris

Yes. That is correct. You will need to manually enter the repository profile name. There is another option where you can actually set a parameter in a properties file to denote that CRS is not configured or something like that. With that option, you will go through the starting configuration like it was a new system.

Just go ahead and enter the right profile name.

Like Sanjeev alluded to, I think the easiest option is to change the parameter below to false in the c:\program files\wfavvid\appadmin.properties. This will allow you to login as Administrator/ciscocisco

appadmin.properties

#Appadmin install flag that is used to see if setup is done or not

com.cisco.wf.admin.installed=true

andy dignan - berbee

Thanks guys.

Chris

If I do this, will I loose any config allready made; i.e. applications and scripts configured?

Berit:)

You will not lose any data. You will just need to run through the initial setup again and it will pull your configuration/scripts from DC Directory on CallManager.

As always though you should have a valid backup and I suggest pulling one of the hard drives if possible.

adignan - berbee

Thanks.

Berit:)

Andy,

I've run into this problem using 4.0.4. I renamed the file, attempted to log in with Administrator/ciscocisco - and it failed.

Also, the contents of the appadmin.properties file in 4.0 seem to be different. I can not find the line item : com.cisco.wf.admin.installed=false. Any idea where this may be in 4,0? I found the appadmin.properties files in wfavvid>properties.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Lucas Phelps
Level 5
Level 5

On version 5:

1) Go to Start, run, type 'cet' on the UCCX Server. This will launch the Configuration Object Editor.

2) Browse to: com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig in the left hand pane.

3) Right click the row on the right and hit modify. Then select the 'com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig' tab.

4) Change the setup state to: FRESH_INSTALL and hit OK

5) Log into the CRA App Admin page with the default username (may be case sensitive): Administrator and password: ciscocisco

Will I lose my configs if I do this?

Also I have the CUCM6.1 integrated with AD. is this gonna take me thru the intgration with cucm again?

Thanks