Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Redirect the existing user's call to back office user by cross checking a Txt/Xml file on UCCX Scripting

I need some help on following scenario.

I have a customer UCCX 9 and When a new customer calls the contact center via a main number (eg:02089772111) to open an account or register themselves, caller will go through all the necessary welcome message …. And to an agent as normal

Then the agent collects all the relevant informations (Name, address, tel-number (07929768543), etc) and records it in to a database

And also the agent finally assign the customer to an internal person (eg: John on extension 3001 (not an agent)) and complete the account registration, like cisco assigning a TAC engineer to a case opener.

Then the customer calls again to inquire anything in the future ( after opening an account) using the same phone (07929768543) on account and to the main number (eg:02089772111), caller should hear all the greeting, etc…like a first time caller and this time it should go to John on extension 3001 directly rather than to an agent.

Is this possible with UCCX, can we add a file (xml or text) to script and update it with customer number and back office user extension to perform this diversion by collecting caller number and checking the file and send it to internal person. by updating this file real time by an agent or in a daily or weekly basis by a supervisor by modifying this txt/xml or may be a DataBase file.

Thanks

Shameer

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Check out the Screenshot

Check out the Screenshot reconstructing what you've pasted here..attaching the script as well..it really works out to taking the CallID..passing it into the XPath expression..if it doesn't match the member element of the xml then it won't extract the user element...

You are not properly defining

You are not properly defining the Attribute of the member element (attrib='num'):

<member callerid="5316">

<user>2003</user>

</member>

This does Change the XPath Expression that I previously defined for you so try this in the Get XML Data Step:

"//member[@callerid='"+CallerID+"']/user"

8 REPLIES

Shameer,This would absolutely

Shameer,

This would absolutely be possible. For scalability sake, I would recommend an external database that would include the customer's information as well as their assigned internal person. 

Access to an external database would require Premium level licensing. If you don't have that, then it could be done via an XML file. It would just be a little cumbersome and difficult to manage on a large scale.

HTH,
Adam

**Please remember to rate helpful posts, for the betterment of the community**

Community Member

Hi Adam thanks for the reply,

Hi Adam

thanks for the reply, I dont have premium licence and would like to try this with a XML file first.

can we do this with a single xml file and with following data format

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<Numbers>
<07929768200>2001</Number>
<02089772144>2002</Number>

How can we then match the incoming number with first part and send the call to extension 2001

Thanks

shameer

Shameer,Your XML file could

Shameer,

Your XML file could look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> 
<Numbers>
<ANI="07929768200">
     <Ext>2001</Ext>
</ANI>
<ANI="02089772144">
     <Ext>2002</Ext>
</ANI>
</Numbers>

You would then have to use the ANI of the caller to loop through the XML file. This would return the extension of the internal resource. They you would just use a call transfer step to connect the two together.

HTH,
Adam

**Please remember to rate helpful posts, for the betterment of the community**

Edit: fixed XML code. I was unaware that you can't have numbers as element names

Community Member

Hi AdamThank you for pointing

Hi Adam

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

please see the attached script image. call always goes to 2001

I don't know how you can do this with a single line xml file like you mentioned.I tried your file format but getting an error on the repository when open about the format

can you check and let me know

Thanks

shameer

Check out the Screenshot

Check out the Screenshot reconstructing what you've pasted here..attaching the script as well..it really works out to taking the CallID..passing it into the XPath expression..if it doesn't match the member element of the xml then it won't extract the user element...

Community Member

Hi SamThank you very much for

Hi Sam

Thank you very much for the explanation and the script sample.

just a question about the xml file format, I think the way i created the data on xml is wrong, all the calls goes to first user number 2001, i tried following method but those are not correct by format, can you please help me with the xml file as well

Thank you very much

shameer

You are not properly defining

You are not properly defining the Attribute of the member element (attrib='num'):

<member callerid="5316">

<user>2003</user>

</member>

This does Change the XPath Expression that I previously defined for you so try this in the Get XML Data Step:

"//member[@callerid='"+CallerID+"']/user"

Community Member

Hi Sam Fantastic, that worked

Hi Sam

Fantastic, that worked.

Thank you very much for your help

:)

shameer

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content