Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Reinstalling NIC on CRS 5 server

I've inherited a CRS server that had NIC teaming enabled. Cisco TAC (and the installation guide) both maintain and teamed NICs are not supported, especially in cases of desktop-side recording.

So, the NIC team has been disolved, the first NIC has the CRS IP address and the second NIC has been disabled. Everything works fine except that Client for Microsoft Networks can not be installed on the NICs anymore, so backups can not be done. My impression is that the NIC will have to be uninstalled and reinstalled to get this working again, but I am concerened with the ramifications to CRS. What are the gotchas in this situation?

-Shikamaru

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Reinstalling NIC on CRS 5 server

A better approach would be to configure a second network interface card (NIC) on the VoIP Monitor server, and place that NIC in a dedicated VLAN (Layer 2 configuration only). If you have not already installed CRS, then run the CRS installation file and specify the address of the second NIC in the VoIP Monitor address configuration. If CRS is already installed, you will need to reinstall CRS to specify the second NIC as the VoIP Monitor address (this is configurable during the CRS re-installation). This workaround has been successfully tested, and resolves the spanning tree issues. An explanation and network diagram

for this workaround is shown in diagram 2

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801a62a8.shtml#diagram2

Views
Helpful
Replies