Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder for UCCX agent desktop

Hi            There

We are using uccx 7 and got some requirement to have a reminder pop up when the agent is not ready to remind them that they need to change their status to Ready.

Our agents are not just sitting in the chair and waiting for the incoming call, they have to move to other area to do some other stuff sometimes, but during that time they may get incoming call and their agent status was changed to Not Ready, when they came back to the desk they just simply forgot to change the status back, is there any way that we can have a pop up window to remind them?

In the Cisco Desktop Administrator, I can configure the popup window under Voice Contact Work Flows when the called number match the trigger, but there is no way I can add the condition that it only happen when the agent is not ready; In the Agent Management Work Flows, I can have the popup window when agent is not ready, but it is not what we want, it popup whenever the agent's status changed to Not Ready.

Maybe there is a way in the script that when there is incoming call, it check the "Not Ready" agents and send the popup window to those agents, but I am not sure how to do it.

Can anyone kindly give me some hint for this?

Cheers

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

In the Voice Contact Workflow, on the Dropped event, add a Timer action and then embed an Agent Notification within it. Check the AND the agent state is Equal to Not Ready setting. See if that works. As a disclaimer, I tried this with the Work state and ran into bugs that caused me to abandon the effort.. As with everything CAD-related, don't get your hopes up.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Re: Reminder for UCCX agent desktop

As you can probably see reading this thread, there is no easy, built-in way to handle this.  I think the Cisco approved way, would be to leverage the Wrap up time, and force them into the Ready state, as oppose to warning them.

I have one other method to throw into the mix, and your experience with it may be different from the next person's; so please test this out first before deploying it all over the place.

If you have MS Office installed on the CAD PC, you can actually leverage a feature out of the MS Word COM Object to view a list of running Window Titles, and since CAD puts the state of the Agent in the Window title, this works.

You will need to copy and paste the below code into a notepad document, and then save as "All Files" and name it something like "monitor.vbs".

'==============================================================================

'==

'==

'==

'==

'==

'== This script will attempt to monitor the CAD title window and keep track

'== of how long the state is Not Ready, then alert the user once a threshold

'== is exceeded. The user can press OK to go ready or Cancel to stay Not Ready.

'==

'== Microsoft Word Required.

'==

'== Author=Anthony Holloway

'==        avholloway@gmail.com

'==

'== Last Update=04 AUG 2009

'==

'== User defined variables

'=========================

' The StateThreshold is in seconds, and sets a limit to how long the Agent

' state can be "Not Ready"

Const StateThreshold = 600

' The AlertMessage is displayed to the user; keep it short and sweet.

Const AlertMessage = "You are currently in a Not Ready state."

' The AlertTitle is displayed as the alerts title bar

Const AlertTitle = "Cisco Agent Desktop"

Set oMicrosoftWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Set cRunningApplications = oMicrosoftWord.Tasks

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

iCounter = 0

sCADNotreadyTitle = "Not Ready - Cisco Agent Desktop"

' Loop forever

Do While True

' Does the CAD title contain "Not Ready"?

If cRunningApplications.Exists(sCADNotReadyTitle) Then

' Yes, Has the state exceeded the threshold?

If iCounter >= StateThreshold Then

' Yes, Alert the user

iUserChoice = MsgBox(AlertMessage & vbCrLf & "Press OK to go Ready", vbOKCancel + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton2, AlertTitle)

If iUserChoice = vbOK Then

oShell.AppActivate sCADNotreadyTitle

WScript.Sleep 500

oShell.SendKeys "^w"

End If

' Reset the counter

iCounter = 0

Else

' No, Increment the counter

iCounter = iCounter + 1

End If

Else

' Yes, Clear the counter

iCounter = 0

End If

' Pause 1 second before checking again

WScript.Sleep 1000

Loop

Then you will need to start it by one of several ways.  One way is to place it into the startup folder of the windows PC.  Another way is to have it launch via CDA Run External Application on CAD Startup.  It just runs in the background all the time, monitoring the title of the CAD window.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

12 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

In the Voice Contact Workflow, on the Dropped event, add a Timer action and then embed an Agent Notification within it. Check the AND the agent state is Equal to Not Ready setting. See if that works. As a disclaimer, I tried this with the Work state and ran into bugs that caused me to abandon the effort.. As with everything CAD-related, don't get your hopes up.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Seconded.  I tried this once a while back and it appears that the Delay action is a thread blocking action.  It would lock up the entire CAD window until the Timer expired.  Not sure if it's fixed yet.  I suppose I could test it....

EDIT: It's hasn't been fixed.  I just tested on UCCX 8.5(1)SU2 and I saw abnormal behavoirs.

My workflow looks like this:

Some points

When you login, you are in the Not Ready state.  This triggers the Not Ready work flow. Cisco should somehow exempt the initial state of the Agent.

When you click Not Ready from a Ready state, the Not Ready button does not have the focus.  You are in the Not Ready state, you just lose this UI feature during the timer.

Example with focus

Example without focus

If you were to click Ready during the timer period, the Ready button does not appear to work. Visually nothing changes in CAD, but you are in fact Ready.  I placed a call into the queue while in this wonky state, and my phone rang but CAD did nothing.  During the call, the timer expired, the warning popped up, and then CAD all of the sudden showed me that I was on a call.

This behavior is not acceptable even at 30 seconds.  Just imagine if you needed a 5 minute delay!

Last point, I tested with the "Process Events" checkbox unchecked, and the entire CAD window was locked up until the timer expired.  I couldn't do anything in CAD.  I cannot think of a time when you would want to do that to your Agents.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

VIP Super Bronze

I tested this on 8.5(1)SU2 and the bug I ran into was that it wasn't reliably applying the timer. Sometimes it would work, others it would occur even if the agent had already moved on to the next call or was sitting in a Ready state. I didn't encounter the CAD lockup behavior though.

When I just tested with 8.5(1)SU2, it didn't lock up entirely until I unchecked the "process events" checkbox on the delay action.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

I have had similar luck with Work state and timer actions. So much so that it was causing erratic behavior with the agents state. I was using State changes instead of Notifications tho

As you can probably see reading this thread, there is no easy, built-in way to handle this.  I think the Cisco approved way, would be to leverage the Wrap up time, and force them into the Ready state, as oppose to warning them.

I have one other method to throw into the mix, and your experience with it may be different from the next person's; so please test this out first before deploying it all over the place.

If you have MS Office installed on the CAD PC, you can actually leverage a feature out of the MS Word COM Object to view a list of running Window Titles, and since CAD puts the state of the Agent in the Window title, this works.

You will need to copy and paste the below code into a notepad document, and then save as "All Files" and name it something like "monitor.vbs".

'==

'==

'==

'==

'==

'== This script will attempt to monitor the CAD title window and keep track

'== of how long the state is Not Ready, then alert the user once a threshold

'== is exceeded. The user can press OK to go ready or Cancel to stay Not Ready.

'==

'== Microsoft Word Required.

'==

'== Author=Anthony Holloway

'==        avholloway@gmail.com

'==

'== Last Update=04 AUG 2009

'==

'== User defined variables

'=========================

' The StateThreshold is in seconds, and sets a limit to how long the Agent

' state can be "Not Ready"

Const StateThreshold = 600

' The AlertMessage is displayed to the user; keep it short and sweet.

Const AlertMessage = "You are currently in a Not Ready state."

' The AlertTitle is displayed as the alerts title bar

Const AlertTitle = "Cisco Agent Desktop"

Set oMicrosoftWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Set cRunningApplications = oMicrosoftWord.Tasks

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

iCounter = 0

sCADNotreadyTitle = "Not Ready - Cisco Agent Desktop"

' Loop forever

Do While True

' Does the CAD title contain "Not Ready"?

If cRunningApplications.Exists(sCADNotReadyTitle) Then

' Yes, Has the state exceeded the threshold?

If iCounter >= StateThreshold Then

' Yes, Alert the user

iUserChoice = MsgBox(AlertMessage & vbCrLf & "Press OK to go Ready", vbOKCancel + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton2, AlertTitle)

If iUserChoice = vbOK Then

oShell.AppActivate sCADNotreadyTitle

WScript.Sleep 500

oShell.SendKeys "^w"

End If

' Reset the counter

iCounter = 0

Else

' No, Increment the counter

iCounter = iCounter + 1

End If

Else

' Yes, Clear the counter

iCounter = 0

End If

' Pause 1 second before checking again

WScript.Sleep 1000

Loop

Then you will need to start it by one of several ways.  One way is to place it into the startup folder of the windows PC.  Another way is to have it launch via CDA Run External Application on CAD Startup.  It just runs in the background all the time, monitoring the title of the CAD window.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Cisco Employee

Hi Anothony/Jonathan,

I am not sure if you have tried this, but you can have a look. I have tried in the lab and it works well:

• Open the Desktop Workflow Adminàselect the workflow groupàCAD AgentàVoice Contact Work Flows

Select the event “Answered”-->Click on “Add” Action

• Under Actions, add a Timer Action:

• Under the Timer Action, you can set up the notification to pop-up after the timer expires:

• The Action is:

This effectively means: After the call is “Answered”, start the timer. After the timer expires (1min in this case), if the agent state is NOT Equal to READY, then pop-up the notification:

Please note that the timer starts immediately after the Answered event. So the pop-up will be seen 1min after every call is answered (even if it is hung-up earlier). Therefore, you can tackle this by using this appropriately:

In my lab, Agent goes to READY after hanging up the call. Therefore, this condition makes sure the pop-up is not seen if the call is hung up before the timer expires.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Two things:

1)  The Timer action is only available from Voice Contact Workflows and not from Agent Management Workflows (where the Not Ready event is configured).  So, this does not work in the OP's situation, though could prove useful for others.

2)  You stated:

In my lab, Agent goes to READY after hanging up the call. Therefore,  this condition makes sure the pop-up is not seen if the call is hung up  before the timer expires.

Does that mean if an Agent hangs up a call, and then takes another call immediately after, that the pop up, still pops while the Agent is on the second call?

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

1) True, it is not exactly for this scenario.

2) If the agent hangs up a call and recieves another call immediately, the notification will be popped up only when the timer for the second call expires. It is associated with the call id, and that workflow-action is triggered everytime for a new call. Therefore in this scenario, the pop-up meant for call 1 will not come for call 2 until the timer for call 2 expires. I tried this in my lab.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

I understand this post is 4

I understand this post is 4 yrs old but I am curious if you can let me know-if this would work with Finesse (10.5) Agent Desktop?

It should work, with the

It should work, with the exception of pressing CTRL+w to go Ready, as Finesse doesn't have that keyboard shortcut.

Anthony Holloway

Thank you,,,,

Thank you,,,,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content