cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Monitoring via PSTN dial-in number

satcom2k
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to have certain customers be able to remote monitor agents; currently the customer is either on site or connects via VPN to use the Silent monitoring feature; I am wondering if there is any functionality or 3rd party application that would allow a customer to dial-in to a number (from outside) via PSTN and listen to agents who are taking calls from a queue?

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I think this is a feature supported in IPCC 40.

The feature is called Supervisor Remote Monitoring. Upto 32 remote monitoring sessions are possible. A report is also generated as to chronological list of monitoring sessions. This is only available in Premium bundle.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_data_sheet09186a008019ade0.html

You can map a PSTN number to route through CCM->IPCC and then remotely monitor agents.

HTH

PS: please remember to rate helpful replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Do you know if this is supported in IPCC Enterprise Edition 6.0 or 7.0; I cannot seem to find any information on this.

This is not currently supported on IPCC Enterprise. For this type of functionality, you would have to look at a 3rd Party recording solution.

HTH

- jay

Thank you for the information; can you give a recomendations on 3rd party products for this functionality?

I would suggest that you search the Cisco Developer Program for 3rd Party Recording/ Monitoring Solutions :

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/ecoa/Search

Off the top of my head, I believe that both NICE and Witness offer PSTN based monitoring capabilities for IPCC Enterprise.

- jay

fisher-m
Level 1
Level 1

I have used the Metreos Call Monitoring Application to do this. It is pretty easy to setup. Witness has call Monitoring and recording but not PSTN access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: