Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote state change on CAD (CCX 8.5.1)

Hey.

Is there a way to remotely change the agents state in the CAD (so i can make an ready / notReady button on theagents  Ipphone, thats affect the CAD state.)

Just like and supervisor can do in the CSD with making and agent ready/not ready.

REagrds

Thomas

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  Look into IPC Actions.  They allow you to send "commands" to CAD remotely.

Do you know where I can find the XML schema for this ??

Whoops! I just checked the admin guide and there is no action for setting the state of the agent.  Sorry.  I thought there was.  Here are the only options via IPC remote actions:

Five actions are supported by the IPC Receive Event:

-IPC Make Call Action (page 78)

-IPC High Priority Chat Action (page 78)

-IPC Record Action (page 79)

-IPC Agent Notification Action (page 79)

-IPC Set Variable Action (page 80)

I'll have to think about this some more.  Obviously the CSD client can set state remotely, but I think you already know that. Sounds like you're looking for alternative methods. E.g., phone services

Hi

There is a UCCX CTI API you can use to do all this stuff (I think) : http://developer.cisco.com/web/uccxcti/overview

It's so old school it hurts though - no XML here.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

@aaronharrison - talk about a huge undertaking.  good remembering that it exists though.

I want to use it - but the kind of dev skills I'd learn are surely never going to be of use to me again...

Roll on Finesse?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

If one were so inclined, could they make a CAD/CSD replacement with that CTI Toolkit?

I believe so...

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, but I'm conceding defeat on this one.  The CTI toolkit Aaron mentioned is probably the only way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: