Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Rename Call Variable field names in CAD

Hi all me again!

Using UCCX 8.5.

Please can someone tell me how to rename the enterprise data call variable field names when they appear in CAD?

What’s really annoying me is I’ve done it before and I have a screenshot of the CAD from went the system was first installed! So I’m not sure how I have broken it!

Using the ‘Set Enterprise Call Info’ step I am calling in custom layout which is being reflected in CAD but it’s a bit meaning less if there is no field names against the data.

Thanks in advanced

Matty

Everyone's tags (1)
7 REPLIES

In CCX Admin Pages Navigation

In CCX Admin Pages Navigation go to Cisco Desktop Administrator (login) then Service Configuration>Enterprise Data>Fields. There you will find those Call Variables..you can't change the Field Names for those particular ones (as they are default) but you can change their Display Name.

Bronze

Hi drkchiloll,Yeah I was

Hi drkchiloll,

Yeah I was looking at that but I have 2 layout lists for different parts of the business and under each layout the variables will contain different information.

E.g.

Under the ‘Sales’ layout ‘Call Variable 1’ might be the campaign name.

Whereas under the ‘Customer Services’ layout ‘Call Variable 1’ might be the account number.

So I must have been renaming them somewhere else!?

Matty

I see. What I normally do for

I see. What I normally do for passing information to Agents is Create New Fields for the Data I want to pass and I specify the exact name of that Field in the Expanded Call Variable Tab of the Set Enterprise Call Info Step..this may be how you did it before..the ECC Var tab doesn't affect how reporting (for historical reports/cuic) data is manipulated..

Bronze

Thanks for that! Yeah I'm

Thanks for that! Yeah I'm thinking I'm going to have to create some ECC vars as you suggested!

I'm just confused as to how it worked in the first place, here is that old screenshot from when it was first installed:

CAD-Pop

When I look at the 'Set Enterprise Call Info' step I can see from the above "First line of Address" links to Call Variable 4, which is a variable called "Address1". I have no idea where it was getting the "First line of Address" field description from! Grrrrr!

As my screenshot denotes in

You Need to Create the new (custom) "Fields" in Desktop Administrator ultimately..

As my screenshot denotes in the "Names" Column, the Field ("names") in your screenshot were created with those Exact Names in CCX Web Admin Pages, Desktop Administrator>Services Config>Ent Data>Fields..Those Fields have to be Added with those "Names" Defined. The "Values" that those Fields Will contain are the Variables that you Pass into the Set Ent Call Info Step ECC Tab..hope that explanation makes a little more sense..

Are you able to use more than

Are you able to use more than just the "default" layout in CAD? I can't seem to find where I set which Layout list a specific CAD installation should use. Is this in a CFG file on the workstation?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,Look up above at Sam's

Mark,

Look up above at Sam's screenshot, it's the last thing in the list which says "user.layout"

Now, in his screenshot the value is masked by the fact he is referencing the value in a variable named sUserLayout, but rest assured, the value is the name of the layout he is choosing for CAD to use.

Since you specify the layout in the script step Set Enterprise Info, it should be clear that the layout is on a call by call basis and script dependent.  It is not chosen in CAD, or CDA, or AppAdmin.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies