Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace Call Contact with a recording?

ross.parker
Level 1
Level 1

This is the customers request.

If a caller is in a Queue, could we set it up so there would be an option for the caller to leave a message or call back number? He wants the message or call back number to keep its position in the queue until an agent listens to it. (Even after the caller has hung up)

IPCC Express (version TBD)

CallManager 4.X

New deployment

11 Replies 11

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

if a caller is given the option of pressing 1 to leave a voice mail, this is OK.

once the caller presses 1, the call is removed from the queue and sent to the label or target that the script tells it to goto.

this call is no longer in queue and therefore cannot be kept in position in the queue.

The customer would like to get a recording using the script, keep the recording in queue even when the call contact disconnects. When the contact would have been presented to an agent, play the recording instead.

I know this is a long shot, but it is a customer request.

To to this it appears that we would have to either change the call contact to something else (html?) or have it somehow ignore the call disonnection.

Any thoughts?

Ross,

There is a way to do this. Back in january 2004, I got the same request from a customer. With Cisco's help, I managed to create a script to allow a caller to leave a message, and then the message is queued against the same CSQ.

The only problem is that the message does not keep the original position in queue. Instead, it start back at the bottom of the queue. But, this was not an issue with my customer.

Contact me my e-mail, and I will send you an example of this script.

Steven

Steven, Please send me the example, I also have such request. The email is my ID.

Thanks,

Wei

Steven,

Can you please send me the example as well. I ha ve a customer requesting the same thing

Thanks,

Steve

I'd love the sample script, if you dont mind. Thanks in advance.

Hy,

can you send the examle script? Also, I have a client that requested the same thing.

Thank you,

Dan

Hi Steven,

Are you able to post a sample of the script to the forum?

Thanks

Allan

Hi Steven,

Can i have a copy o the script - venkat.kt@datacraft-asia.com

Thanks,

Venkatesha Reddy

Please send me an example. rosseparker@gmail.com

Good idea... would like a copy too i can put it on good use

Here is my mail: bchavdar@fibank.bg