Hi,

I have 4 IPCC servers

2 acting as CRS Engine [primary and secondry]

and another 2 acting as database server [primary and secondry]

One database server face a hw failure, so we'll replace this server

I need to confirm these points:

1. I'll get a new same hw MCS server

2. Will install the database components into the server

Only for the configuration: will it replicate the old database server and got its configuration and nothing to be done from my side

Or I'll need also to copy some files in drive C, and will i use the same license used in all servers after the initial setup ?

Thanks to clear these doubts

Regards

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this in planning phase or already in production ?

Looks like it will be a HA setup either over LAN or WAN. AFAIK, you cant have more than 2 servers in HA deployment ( may it be LAN or WAN ). DB components will be co-resident on both of the boxes but total number of boxes cant exceed 2.

Pls confirm.

GP.

It is allready in production

I have two CRS Engine as told and two CRS DB

so I have 4-servers

one of the DB servers failed in hardware

I need to replace it

So it is my question

Will I install the DB components into the new server without the CRS Engine

Also will I use the same license [Premium license] that I have used with other servers for the initial setup

Finally, will I need to copy in files from drive C of the existing DB server to the new one, and will I need to configure any thing or the new server will replicate the other DB server when putting them in the same profile ?

Regards

I'm surprised to see such deployment. Even the SRND guide advocates DB component's coresidency with CRS Engines ( no separate servers required for DB ). Pls see the content in bold letters below.

Page 42 of UCCX 8.5 SRND Guide says " Every Cisco Unified CCX deployment must have a Cisco Unified CCX Engine component and a Database component. The Monitoring and Recording components are optional and are discussed in the next section of this chapter. With Cisco Unified CCX, only one instance of each of these components can be installed, and all components must be on the same server. " http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

BTW, was TAC involved anytime for this setup ? If yes, mostly TAC would object for it being supported.

If your CRS is 8.x, then license would need rehost for sure, as it's license MAC.

Pls rate if it helps.

GP.

No

it is version 4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: