Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing a failed disk (SATA drive) on UCCX (MSC-7825)

Hi,

I discovered a failed disk drive on the UCCX server (non-HA mode). Now, my task is to get this disk replaced. What are the typical steps to follow and what precautions should I take care besides backing up the config data)? Since thsi would be my first time doing this, I was hoping for some detailed steps to follow while doing this replacement.

The Model we have is the MCS-7825 -H4 CCX - premium. I have received the HD form HP.

I have found only data sheets on the cisco portal & hence was wondering if there is any other guide that can walk me through the steps.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: Replacing a failed disk (SATA drive) on UCCX (MSC-7825)

This is pretty standard hardware "stuff".

I suppose the SATA drives are configured in a RAID1+0 array through HP's Smart Array controller. You can open the HP Smart Array tool in Windows and ask it to show you the status. If it indicates the drive has failed, it will help you replace it and mirror up while the box is running.

This is a little scary if you have never done it, so I appreciate your caution.

The best thing to do is to try this on your lab machine. There is NO substitute for experience at this level.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I was able to get the drive replaced successfully. It was a cold swap unlike the usual hot swap.

DM

Green

OK, cold swap eh with the SATA drives? That's good to know. I use SAS and older SCSI drives which allow hot swap - I think that is your experience too?

Cheers.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content