Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reroute on no answer query

Dear Pros,

I have ICM 7.0 with SR4, CTIOS 7.0 with SR2.

I need to have RONA on my agent desk settings. Calls not answered within 10 seconds by agent to be pulled back by IPCC and handed to another agent.

Now, I know a separate script needs to be created and the dialed number should be associated with ccm routing client. (The CTI Route point in CCM to be associated with PGUser).

Now, with the script I created the RONA is working like it pulls back call if agent doesnt answer in 10 secs and make state as not ready, but when it comes to last available agent the call is not pulled back in 10 seconds and just keeps on ringing. Also noticed that after the caller disconnects the agent status does go to not ready. Ideally I think the call should go back to queue.

Can anybody help with a basic RONA script. I dont have my script copy to upload right now, but basically its like Start > Queue to Skill Group > Run Ext Script > End.

Please advice,

Pratik

7 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Reroute on no answer query

Pratik,

Are you using Translation Routes to send calls to the IP/IVR?

If you are not using TR,you have to send the calls in your RONA script using Labels. If you would like to use the logic that you depicts in your post, you must use TR.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply. No I am not using translation routing. How can I send calls in my RONA script using labels. Do you have any document which you can share or a test script.

If you can elaborate more I think I will be able to understand better.

Regards,

Pratik

Gold

Hi,

I am in a training course. I will be back to my office the next monday, 25th. I will post the example then.

But, Basically, you have to create labels with the Route Points that you use to route calls from CallManager/IP-IVR to ICM.

Apologies for the delay.

Juan Luis

Green

"No I am not using translation routing".

I have to ask you then - why not?

When a call arrives, it should be on a route point that's owned by the ICM PG JTAPI user and that triggers a route request on that PG.dialed_number, starting your script.

I guess you have that route point owned by the IPIVR JTAPI user and it's running an application, and then you post route.

If you first start on the CallManager, you can check which IP IVR PG is on-line (I assume you have more than 1) and do a trans route to the correct one. If you are clever you can load balance, but you have to be careful about the IVR port licences.

With this method, since the call started off under the control of the CallManager PG, RONA will be a piece of cake.

Just look at the cisco documents on scripting - it's all there.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply. Can I translation route with 2 IP QM servers integrated with 2 different CCM clusters ?

i.e One IP QM server integrated with CCM Cluster #1 and other IP QM server integrated with CCM Cluster #2.

Thanks

Pratik

Green

Hello Pratik,

You _can_ translation route between any two peripherals - it's been a mainstay of the product since the Geotel days. That said, I don't think you want to do that in your case.

What exactly do you have there? Where are the PIMs (the PGs)? How far apart are the clusters?

A call comes in on cluster 1 and it triggers a routing script. You do a trans route to IPQM1, integrated with cluster 1. All things are fine.

What do you do if IPQM1 is down? Why don't you have a pair of IP QMs on this cluster?

Are you thinking that under failure of IPQM1 you are going to send the call over to IPQM2? I don't think so.

Look at Figure 2.4 in the 7.1 SRND. That's the way it should be - a pair of IPQMs at each site.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for your replies.

My setup is like this -

Location#1:

CCM Cluster1

IP QM1 (Integrated with CCM Cluster1)

Rogger SideA

PG1A (CCM1),PG2A (IPQM1)

PG1B,PG2B

Distributor

Location#2

CCM Cluster2

IP QM2 (Integrated with CCM Cluster1)

Rogger SideB

PG3A (CCM2),PG4A (IPQM2)

PG3B,PG4B

Distributor

At each location, the Route Point is associated with IP QM JTAPI User and an application is created (ICM Post routing).

So, call flow is Caller dials RoutePoint > Call sent to IPQM by CCM > IPQM forwards call to ICM.

For redundancy, CTI Route points have forward on failure, no answer, busy set to other CTI Route point of other CCM cluster.

Can I implemnent Translation Routing over here. Is there any better way to increase resiliency.

Thanks in advance,

Pratik

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content