Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Rerouting or transfering the customer through PSTN

Dear Sir,

i need help in configuring ICM script ,CVP,and other need compoents to acheive  the following :

simply , the customer dialed certain DN to hit the Ingress gateway ,trigers ICM Microapplication script ,hears menu options,one of options allows the caller to enter some credentails to make sure that the caller is trusted and accordingly the custeomer can insert pstn number(mobile,landline,international) that enable  to connect the customer with the number he/she entered.actually i need how to configure the icm script and CVP to enable the custome be connected with the number he entered after credentials passed.

regarding what i have: i have ICM 7.2.5,CVP 7.0.2, CUCM 6.X, VXML 3500xm and IGWs 5300xm .

regards and thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: Rerouting or transfering the customer through PSTN

That .ICMS is not a real script. There is nothing attached to the failure port of the DN node, the send to VRU node, the run ext script.

Why not show the real one?

Anyway ....  Put the Send to VRU first. There is no point in setting any params if it fails.

So you entered 0598080262 at the "HadaraEnterphone" script and returned that label to CVP.

CVP consults the CUPS. Now your pattern looks completely dodgy. What documentation supports a pattern like:

059XXXXXXX

Why not simply have 059* ???

If you REALLY want to have a single character wild card (and there is no reason to), use a dot (period, fullstop).

Let's try the EASIEST way. Send the static route to your subscribers 10.40.11.5, 10.40.11.6 and have Call Manager call out. You would need to prefix your number with the code to get an outside line (in the US, that's "9"), but if you can do it from an IP phone, just enter the same number - this method will work.

Regards,

Geoff

16 REPLIES

This is what I read you're asking, please let me know if it's incorrect.  You have an ICM and CVP setup, the call comes in and you play a microapp where you authenticate the caller.  Once the caller is authenticated, you transfer then to some number they have entered, this number is through the PSTN.

First, it would be much easier and robust if you were using CVP as your error handling would be much more robust.  However, you can achieve this in a very basic way.  Have a microapp where they enter their account/password.  Do an ICM database lookup against this account to ensure it's the correct account.  Have another microapp ask them for the phone number to transfer to, if you have TTS validate this number is correct.  If you don't have TTS, have them enter the number again, then copare the two entries, if they are not the same the number is wrong and they will have to enter it again.  Then you can pass that number to a dynamic label which routes it out to either UCM to make the outbound call.  Ideally you could use a take back and transfer or a sip refer which would send the call out to the PSTN without tying up any of your outbound trunks.

david

Community Member

thanks for prompt response, your are correctly read and understood my request .  but how can we configure that (dynamic lable,dynamic device targer ,the lable with wich routing clients;CUCM or CVP, how use a take back and transfer or a sip refer which would send the call out to the PSTN ,script configuration,..etc

if you have already configred that please send me more info.

note: i have no TTS

regards.

Read the CVP config guide and the ICM scripting guide, all your answer are there.  If you have a specific question, I'll be happy to try and answer it.

david

Green

Be careful with SIP REFER. It has been unhappy. You only need to do this if you really want to release the Call Server port, and unless you are running a super-high load, you may find that this is not necessary.

Take back and transfer works fine with AT&T (called Transfer Connect) and I am sure other carriers, but I haven't tried.

Hairpin works fine.

Regards,

Geoff

Silver

As per the previous poster suggested, you can use dynamic label equal to CED.

See the attached screenshot as a sample of the script configuration.

Thanks

- abu

Collect the expected dialed number by GD, use 'Transfer to VRU' node then pass the collected digits to VRU with 'Label' node, your CUCM will need to have correct route pattern for that.

Hope Geoff sir can remember me I was asking for the same some days before to hairpin the call to external IVR system, the technology is same what I understood except that SIP part.

HTH.

Community Member

thanks Abu Hadi,

but i still face a problem,could you please send me the solution completely or document can guide  me to  the solution  , script, the config on AW configuration manager , CVP,CUP ,CUCM,..etc

your response is highly appriciated.

regards

Green

but i still face a problem

What is the problem. Spell it out.

I don't think you can ask someone to send you "the solution completely" - that's not the way the forum works. Advice has already been given in broad terms as to what you should do.

Let's turn this around - you do the hard yards and we will answer specific questions.

1. What do you have working today?

2. What specific parts do you not understand?

If you say "I can accept the inbound call, gather the digits from the caller and then return the label (constructed dynamically from the caller entered digits) but the outbound call fails" we might be able to tell you that you are missing a static route in CUPS to get it over to CUCM (one way).

But to ask another consultant for a complete solution doesn't seem kosher to me.

Why don't you describe in detail what you are doing? Documenting your solution will help focus your mind and you may even realize what you have done wrong or omitted.

Regards,

Geoff

Community Member

Thank  you Geoff,

you are correct, let me spell out the case exactly , i configured DN and hits the scripty correctly as i attached the script and snapshots.

once i hit the script i enter my mobile to be transfered to it (0598080262) ,but i hear one ring back tone and then the call released.

actually i don't know how to configure the correct label and device target on AW configuration manager for this case, what the exact paramaters for this configuration and are there any configuration on AW or CVP required?

on the CUP i have configured static routes for the pattern which the caller entered to be transfered to-(059xxxxxxx)- the next hop for this pattern is the voice gateway and the voice gateways have trunk with cup and dialpeer to route 059xxxxxxx to pstn.

i debugged the voice gateway to see if it has any logs for the pattern i entered but there wasn't.

so could you  please  check the script,snapshots to advice what i can add or modify to make it work properly .

thanks and Regads

Message was edited by: valiegenus

Green

That .ICMS is not a real script. There is nothing attached to the failure port of the DN node, the send to VRU node, the run ext script.

Why not show the real one?

Anyway ....  Put the Send to VRU first. There is no point in setting any params if it fails.

So you entered 0598080262 at the "HadaraEnterphone" script and returned that label to CVP.

CVP consults the CUPS. Now your pattern looks completely dodgy. What documentation supports a pattern like:

059XXXXXXX

Why not simply have 059* ???

If you REALLY want to have a single character wild card (and there is no reason to), use a dot (period, fullstop).

Let's try the EASIEST way. Send the static route to your subscribers 10.40.11.5, 10.40.11.6 and have Call Manager call out. You would need to prefix your number with the code to get an outside line (in the US, that's "9"), but if you can do it from an IP phone, just enter the same number - this method will work.

Regards,

Geoff

Silver

Hi

the ICM side of the configuration seems ok to me.

Can you collect a CVP logs and upload? I'll have a look.

thanks

- abu

Green

Hey Abu,

Did you read what I wrote or are you just responding to the poster?

Regards,

Geoff

Community Member

thank you all,

actually there was problem in the \lable that reached the CUP, when icm return label to CVP, CVP add gigital signature on the lable as a prfix which doesn't match the static routes on the CUP . i fixed every thing and ll is OK.

thanks

i have new question Dears ,

i have outbound dialer with 30 ports, how can i utilize only 15 ports without deleting the remaining ones ?

Again thank you very much

Regards

Green

actually there was problem in the \lable that reached the CUP, when icm return label to CVP, CVP add gigital signature on the lable as a prfix which doesn't match the static routes on the CUP . i fixed every thing and ll is OK.

Are you saying you use SIP.sigdigits?

i have outbound dialer with 30 ports, how can i utilize only 15 ports without deleting the remaining ones ?

You cannot.

Regards,

Geoff

Community Member

yes, i mean SIP.sigdigits, every thing now is Ok.

but regarding the Ouboung ,can i dedicate 15 channels from E1 to be only for Outbound and 15 for Inbound?

regards

Green

Ah, I thought you were asking if you could somehow restrict the 30 dialer ports in some way.

Given that you only have 1 E1 and you need to use it for inbound and outbound, it would be best to change the dialer to only have 15 ports.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content