Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resource’s Device is Off

HI,

We have a UCCX server release 7.0(1)_Build168 and we did some tests with the agent desktop.  We got sometimes (not all the time) this message "Resource's Device is Off" when agent tried to change his state to becomes in ready mode.  His phone was registered and worked well.  

I look in the Cisco Troubleshouting Guide and I have found something but I do not understand the Recommended Action, could somebody give me more details ? How can verify this ?

Agent cannot go Ready after logging in
Symptom :                      Agent cannot go Ready after logging in.
Error Message :               The Cisco Agent Desktop says that the resource's device is off and the agent extension is out of service.
Possible Cause :              The agent's ephone does not have a session-server configured.
Recommended Action :     Make sure the session server of the agent's ephone is set to the Cisco Unified CCX session server.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

That quote pertains to testing under SRST (ephone). Is that what you are doing?

Regards,

Geoff

You are right... I did not read correctly.  No the agent device are programmed on the CUCM 7.1

laubry
Level 1
Level 1

I see this post was almost two years ago, but have to ask what was the solution.  One of my agents are receiving the same error message and no we arent running on SRST either?  This is a UCCX 8.0

I am sorry but I really do not remember what we did to resolve the problem.

jquoss001
Level 1
Level 1

Using System version: 9.1.2.11900-12. I just started receiving this error arbitrarily and only a couple of agents are affected:

Resource's Device is Off
The agent extension is out of service.
Ready state change and call control operations cannot be
performed.

I researched many possible solutions, included deactivating and reactivating in rmcm, but found the solution is actually quite simple. I clone a phone copying the affected extension (super copy) and then log into agent desktop with that extension or have the agent log out and log back in with that extension. So far this has worked every time. Not sure why it happens or why this works...it just does. I Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: